50/50

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Stickystoys, Aug 17, 2019.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    probably they are just teasing you and you didnt pick up on it through the writing. It is a forum full of truckers, after all, not funeral directors.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    On the brightside OP in this work you are fairly free to be yourself and say what you are thinking without worrying too much.

My previous career was a nightmare that way for me. I am socially clueless, more so in person than online. Always had to worry about speaking if something might get me sent back to HR again. Always happened When I let my guard down and started talking naturally.

Ill take occassional teasing, even rudeness over that nonsense any day.

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I agree.

I did 8 years on a shop floor. I spoke up about a lot of things, took many managers to task over their ignorance, got actively involved with the union.

All I did was paint a target on my back. They put a spear right through the bullseye.

And I didn't change a #### thing.

Now I enjoy spending most of my week by myself. Once in a great while I get into a conversation with a fellow trucker that has nothing do do with freight rates or electronic logs. Those are the little gems that I value out here.

To the OP, don't lose heart. Keep reading. You will find out quickly who's advice is worthwhile, and who is talking complete malarkey.

Good luck!

spindrift, D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Most truck drivers are real tough behind a keyboard or in their truck.

Catch them outside and they aren’t so tough.

jamespmack, bzinger and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @Stickystoys
    Evidently you are choosing to ignore the question. Insults are not welcomed on this forum.

For the record, @tucker (the person you quoted and called out) wasn't even addressing you in his comment. He clearly quoted another member, both of whom have been members of this forum for a very long time.

Please let this be that be the last time you get caught up in something like that.

Finally, I have no idea what your issue is with @starmac . From what I can see, he's said nothing for you put him on ignore for. It's well within your rights, as a member of TTR, to do that, but it's too bad you think that is necessary. He offers good advice and has an interesting perspective on things due to him living in Alaska.

7. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Lol. Dude, that site is an over moderated, train wreck!!! Filled with ego maniacs that have worked for 1 mega, so they feel they know everything there is to know about trucking.

Not gonna lie, about once a month I go and read it just for laughs. It’s kind of embarrassing. ‍♂️

Day Cab and Josey Wales Thank this.
  8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I figure I better post something quick, before this thread gets shut down...

jamespmack, D.Tibbitt, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    For what?

Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Hurt feelers.

jamespmack, FlaSwampRat and Lepton1 Thank this.
  11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Maybe this forum needs mandatory prepost inspections and regular PM's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.