5700xe slider windows

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by jdubstx, Aug 26, 2018.

1. jdubstx

jdubstx Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2018
    This is going to sound utterly retarded and it is retarded.

I made the mistake of opening the passenger slider window and the #### thing separated from that hydraulic bar, became unhinged and separated from its assembly.

The only reason it didn’t fall off the truck and shatter into a million pieces is I had my hand on the latch.

Has anyone ever had this stupid maneuver happen to them and if so how the hell do you rehinge it to where it needs to be so it doesn’t go flying off into traffic.

Y’all can laugh as I’m sure I will tomorrow but I’m very upset lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    This usually happens to wing style rear windows while driving. Hint, hint. Cost to fix I can't say. But I have done that before.

4. jdubstx

jdubstx Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Yeah I was thinking that too. Obviously it can’t be fixed from the inside so looks like I’m calling a family member tomorrow to bring me a ladder because this is crazy lmao who designs a window that pops out like that without a proper hinge!?

5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    All trucks almost. Its a stupid concept to make money, I think. Only slide windows should be used.

6. jdubstx

jdubstx Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I’m kicking myself for messing with it to begin with. Oh well. Thank God I’m on a 34.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.