5700XE

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by Bumper, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well I finally moved into my 5700 today. How I hate changing trucks. First thing i noticed is the lack of 12 volt outlets. Only one on the dash and one in the bunk?? Really??? Not even one in the tv area. Or a tv antenna for that matter. Can't use the upper bunk for storage. When it is down I can't sit on the bed. And you put the radio where??? Still trying to figure out how to use my xm receiver in here.

First impression is not very good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Its not the trucks fault.
    Its how they are orderd.
    Blame your boss.
    Both my stars have 2 12v plugs in the tv area with a factory antena installed.

You know why, cuz it was ordered that way.

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Figures.. thanks.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Maybe i can get this from the dealer....

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well I talked to another WS driver and he told me the tale. Evidently the dealership that we ordered the 10 5700's from screwed the pooch on the order and a lot of the requested equipment was not on the trucks. i.e. Fog lights, tv antenna, additional outlets and front windshield curtain. So the stealer, er dealer, had to cut the price on the trucks and they installed new cb radios in them and an on dash fifth wheel hitch release free of charge. I had the release on my Gordon truck. Great accessory. Ill add the outlets. At least they got the color right.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I was gonna say, my buddy just got a 5700XE, and he has 3 12v plugs on the dash pannel, 1 ontop of the dash next tot he GPS mount, 2 in the TV area, 2 in the sleeper and the TV antenna lol.

The Radio and Mirror controls are funky, and the lack of little pockets you can reach from the driver seat kinda sucks, but he said you get used to it. I'm prob going to get a 5700 and I got O/O, their rugged trucks that last, for a decent price, and they sure do look cool!.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.