5th Wheel Plate Risers with pics

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by SHC, Aug 17, 2011.

1. JimmyO

JimmyO Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2011
    cornfields, indiana
    Got mine put on today, we will see in the morning how much weight I moved....

SHC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    So how did it work out for ya???

4. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    the truck used too belong too a guy in da hood , dats why its was sitting low :biggrin_25523:

SHC Thanks this.
  5. granhawler

granhawler Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I plan on making my own set of risers in the next few weeks, gonna make 'em just like the ones in this picture
    [​IMG]

6. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    LOOK AT THE 5TH WHEEL ON MY OLD T800 plus I had good ramps on there too which this fellow better add to his.

7. idahologhauler

idahologhauler Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I have heard of a fifth wheel riser that has a kingpin on the bottom and fits in to the existing fith wheel. Has anyone else ever heard of these? I need a higher fifth wheel for my lowboy but need it at its current height for hauling containers on my container trailer

8. idahologhauler

Nov 4, 2011
    I am thinking of taking an old fifth wheel and trying to make one of these because people tell me they are out there but i have never seen one. I am thinking of just taking an old fifth wheel and cutting the ears off and using some rectangular tubing and raising it 4 inches and then plating the bottom of it around a king pin to ride on the existing fith wheel. I figure put some tabs on it so it can't turn on the fifth wheel on the truck and it should work. Any ideas?

9. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Are you the only one to pull the lowboy? I would think it would be alot better/safer to build a spacer for the pickup plate and kingpin on the trailer.

SHC Thanks this.
  10. JimmyO

JimmyO Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2011
    cornfields, indiana
    Idaho..... why can't u just shim the neck on the lowboy at the very back where it meets the deck? Seems a lot easier I would guess. SHC, we moved a little weight, they worked out great, I am happy with them. We haul 9000+ gallons of propane when loaded so not a lot of room for product to go anywhere, but we still moved enough and now we also have an extra 5" back there to crawl under and hook il the jackshaft for the pump.

11. idahologhauler

Nov 4, 2011
    I have thought of changing the lowboy but it is a folding goose neck and I can't figure out how i would do it and still get it to lay flat enough

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.