60+ Drivers Quit?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Rug_Trucker, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Ok my info was wrong,sort of. My info said this goes into effect Jan 1,2012 with a two year grace period to comply. This says goes into effect three years after rule final,no grace. Rules are considered final at end of comment period if no changes are needed. There will not be any money from the big boys to sue on this one because they are backing it. If drivers would get their heads outta their bums this stuff could have been stopped,maybe. Drivers are too lazy to care about politics until it smacks them in the face and by then its too late. If you're computer illiterate then you better brush up on your skills because this IS coming to your truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtyrabbit

dirtyrabbit Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    KS
    Sounds like your on the cheer squad over there. Every time I go by Little Rock for the past two years there have been trucks packed in there. I don't believe there is a driver shortage, just a shortage of driver respect at the management level evidenced by the fact, I believe, in that I have never met a satisfied Maverick driver.

But, what do I know, some days I ain't happy myself.

#### sure a lot of trucks sitting around L.R.

4. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    the glut of trucks at the NLR terminal is due to the company cycling out the 2007 trucks with 2011 and 2012's.
    the 07's are for sale/IC/potential trade in's, while the 12's are waiting on electronic's installation.

5. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Never met a satisfied Maverick driver? I doubt that unless you have only talked to one or two. There's a reason our turnover rate is well below industry norms. I wouldnt call myself a cheerleader but I will certainly defend Maverick from lies and rumor. Ive been here 8yrs and would have a hard time finding anyplace else that treated me AND my family as well.

sewerman Thanks this.
  6. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Oh and I by no means claim Maverick to be perfect,however they are as close to perfect that Ive come across.

7. brar

brar Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2011
    CA
    Maverick is part of the team( J.B. Hunt, US express, Knight and Schneider. bunch of #####*****) that supports EOBR from begining.

so there is no suprise if 60 drivers are quitting at one time. I have worked with them, they pay decent but i didnt like their auto trucks with E-log.

I understand we are in 21st century but EOBR system is not driver, consumer and market friendly. it makes late deliveries or takes longer, that means big headache and rocketing the prices for consumers, when emploment is hitting 12%, a piece of technology tell you when to drive and when to stop.

EOBR profits only big companies who hires newbies and pay them under .30cent. this way if they run 2200-2500miles. companies still make enough profit with less wear and tear and auto shaft has reduced the cost of maintance even more.

its not gonna make driver healthy, they still will feel fatigue. if government and companies wants to be driver friendly. they should open small gyms on rest areas and truck stops. companies should give them pass at low cost. so they can run on treadmill mill, pull some weight or do something physically, so their blood circulation moves and they feel better.

8. dirtyrabbit

dirtyrabbit Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    KS
    That's a first, really, but if your happy that's what is Important. Personally only met about twenty or so of your people. Also happiness and turnover rate are two different numbers. I'll keep a lookout for you Dan, good luck down the road.

9. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Maybe they saw that this was unavoidable and made a business decision to attract more business by adapting early?

I doubt that 60 drivers quit at once...anywhere.

Yes it is. No it does not. The HOS tells you when to drive and when to stop. The elogs just manage that for you. Why does nobody understand this?!

This was done long before EOBRS. Also, do you have financial stats to back up this claim? That equipment does take a huge investment from the company. But since that money is not going to your pocket, its a bad thing, right?

F.Y.I.- There are drivers on this forum doing 3000+ a week on E-Logs.

#### a company for reducing costs to stay in busineess, thus keeping drivers employed!

[/QUOTE]

This was never the purpose of EOBR's. Also, how many truckers would use these said facilities. Most can't even throw their used papertowel in the trashcan. The roads around the truckstop are free to walk on, thus helping circulation, burn calories, etc.

You guys that complain about govt. involvement are the ones that post your feelings and then we come to read that you actually want some involvement. You just wanna pick and chose. Its up to the individual to be personally responsible and not become unhealthy. I actually have lost weight this time back out on the road. Its not hard.

P.S. I post alot on the use of EOBR's, not cause I think they are the greatest thing ever, but because of the misconception and misunderstanding of them.

sewerman and 48Packard Thank this.
  10. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I really hated the thought of E-logs before Maverick switched. Years ago I drove for Werners Flatbed division back when Werner used to be a company that paid well. When they went to using qualcomm logs everything went to he** in a handbasket. Their system was flawed and they began trying to run drivers on a lot more JIT freight,their thinking was if the computer says you have hours you should run no matter the time of day or how much sleep you got. Mavericks system allows you to get rest and stay productive. However you must learn to be proactive in using the EOBR otherwise you will cost yourself time. Are there times when I wish for the old way,sure but usually only when a customer f'd something up and delayed me from getting where I wanted. This is the one growing pain that will eventually be fixed but not until ALL carriers are on the EOBR's thus giving carriers the ability to demand detention pay without fear of another carrier doing the same haul without detention. Because if you cant make up that detention by fudging your logbook you are goin to have to begin charging for it or go out of business. So in the long run these e-logs will benefit the drivers as well as the carrier by reducing wait times and making you more productive. Since Mav has gone to these our rates have increased,our waits are shorter and we are better rested. I dont want to go back now!

sewerman and JimmyBones Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.