65 mph here we come....

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by X-Country, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Steel Curtain

Steel Curtain Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    So says the Swift Driver

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Once again, not true, there are tiers of fines that can apply depending on if you have all the safety equipment installed. Accidents and tickets above 65 incur fines, depends on the situation. My truck is governed at 78 miles per hour, 76 on the cruise.

4. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Well, here it is after Thanksgiving 2017 and no turndown at my hub, trucks still running 75 or better, looks like someone doesn't know what their talking about or their contractor lied to them

5. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    I will still pass you at whatever speed I choose up to 78

6. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Where do you guys get this crap, we are given tons of time to get there, but unlike you and the rest of these clowns we get to choose anywhere in the country we want to go, so if I leave California and want to go to Florida and the hub I'm at only has one load going there if I'm first there I get that load, someone else who also wants to go there may have to wait 8 or more hours to get one. Miles is what pays the bills and you can't get there at 65mph period. Nothing wrong with running the speed limit in each state. Some have dedicated runs, same each week, the rest of us run wild, anywhere in the country we want to go after delivering our first set of pups. If I want to go somewhere in particular and the hub I'm at doesn't load for that city they will send me to the closest they can. We don't speed, we can't help it if most of you run like your truck is on the low side of the transmission, we are on a mission, to get the packages that all of you ordered there on time.

7. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Yes and FedEx always tries to get ahead of the curve when new rules are coming out, like electronic logs, FedEx thinks that ALL trucks will be cut back to 62, 65 or 68 mph, but I doubt it, too much resistance from the big boys in trucking.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    That just means you’re closer to an empty fuel tank(or a speeding ticket) than I am.Or in California’s case,jail..;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    spyder7723 Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Ya tons of extra time. I've seen your dispatch sheets. Just looked at one today in fact. routed at 55 mph, if it leaves on time. If it takes 45 minutes extra to get out the gate you are still expected to hit the destination at the original arrival time.

As far as my ability to go where i want. Thats freaking hysterical. Dude my truck votes where i wasn't it to go whenever i want it to go that way. And i don't have to ask anyone for a load going that direction.

Next time you want to try too get in a measuring contest you might want to pick out some dude that drives a company truck and not the guy that has never driven a truck that didn't have his name on the title.

10. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    Sorry wrong again, doesn't matter when the load was supposed to leave, if it was supposed to leave at 8.00 am and I don't leave till 11.00 am my time doesn't start until I leave the gate, trailers have a device that triggers the time I leave the guard house, they know the loads aren't always ready when they say they are. The time the hook slip was printed is on the bottom right corner, means absolutely nothing, when I leave the gate is all that matters, Routed at 55 mph if you can't get there with hours to spare you don't need to be working here. I didn't know your truck votes, who did it vote for ? You don't have to ask for a load going that way, do you drive it empty that way ? Work on your grammar then come back and talk to me. Besides, I was talking about company drivers being dictated to, not owner operators driving Freight junkers

11. Steel Curtain

Feb 22, 2014
    No, where I drive speed limit is 75 or 80.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.