65 mph here we come....

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by X-Country, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Oh yeah, like fedex gives any #### about safety. 65mph? Fedex drivers will still do 55 through the school zone with the crossing guard waving the stop sign.

I met a fedex driver pulling doubles last night, he said PA, f you and f your 55 mph speed limit through this construction. He passed me.....

10 miles later i passed him at the posted 70mph speed limit.

spyder7723 and X-Country Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

The problem starts with both the company and the drivers there.

The company for asking you to speed and be one of the unsafest carriers around.

You the driver for allowing the company to tell you to be a danger to everyone. For what? Some money? You cant take money to prison, and you cant take it to the grave either.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yep, seen it dozens of times in school zones and construction zones. I'm surprised it took so long for FedEx to wise up and clip their wings. The drivers will make a bunch of threats to quit, but only a token few of them will; all talk and no action. A few will quit, but there's dozens of drivers just waiting to fill those seats for that easy money.

X-Country and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Good thing I didn't go with them. Some silly ### contractor told me 65/mph for .48 team truck. Hell no dude gtfo

mjd4277 and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I think they need to change and replace the insurance companies. The savings per truck at 65 is so substantial. They can keep the saved money and laugh at anyone dumb enough to cuss them out for governing the trucks.

Either that or you Lot should band together and raise up a brand new company to challenge Fed Ex with ungoverned fleet able to move freight faster than Fed Ex can with governed teams which will be pretty fast.

7. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    That's all I read on this forum lies!! Nobody ever tells us to go fast anywhere!! At least not Fedex. All these trucks are own by contractors and each one has its own rules. Fedex is only in charge of trailers and giving you the loads.

People like to talk a lot before getting some facts.

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Nice try killer. I'll wave to you when I go by.

9. Blackshack46

The fact is, fedex cant keep it on the road and drive like a professional. I dont care who your contractor is, i think anybody pulling a fedex trailer is going to cause a problem somewhere down the line and I keep my distance best i can.

Tell me fedex being about safety is true.
    Please tell me.

And as far as it just being fedex trailers behind the seperate contractors.... it dont say johns reefer service on the door of those trucks. It says leased to fedex such and such city. So fedex controls every aspect of that load. They tell you to get it here now or your not hauling this frieght again.

I follow the forums dude. Dont play me like this info isnt on the internet.

spyder7723 and Western flyer Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FedEx also dictates to the contractors at what speed to govern the trucks if that's true that they must be governed to 65 mph.

11. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    I've been at Fedex a few years now. I've rejected loads, stopped driving in bad weather, and have declined loads for bad weather. This company is no different than the other LTL's. I've also worked for SAIA and it's the same thing. They just throw all the safety crap at you and make you signed paperwork saying they gave you safety info. If you have an accident they'll just fire you and blame you no excuses.

Fedex gives you plenty of time to get to your destination. They calculate the ETA at 55 mph. Yea there are contractors that will tell you a whole bunch of crap and drivers will eat it up. But if you had a good contractor like I do they would know.

A bunch of contractors have their drivers run fast so they can get more miles and they'll use the excuse that FedEx wants the freight fast which is false.

jtaran06, LoneCowboy and X-Country Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.