65 mph here we come....

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by X-Country, Jul 18, 2017.

1. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    It's not true. Every contractor sets their own limit. My contractor has trucks from 68 to 74. Depending on how responsible the driver is.

X-Country Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

You mean, how much they get caught speeding....

I dont work there, i dont plan on it. But i share the road with 100% of trucks. I drive as professional and safety minded as possible. I have a 74mph truck btw. And sometimes im no angel on the pike. Wide open road?, run em. Dangerous area (construction) back it way down. Most humans only live once and im not looking to kill anybody.

There are more than one driver with more than one carrier that does not share the same principles about this job like i do.

Thats great that you are safe and courteous. Wish we had more like you.

Fact still stands, fedex drivers will do as they please wether they are safe or dangerous. Contractor or company. They will either speed through reduced speed zones or do the speed limit. Just like 0.00%-99.99% of all the trucks out here today.

4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

My issue is fedex company or contractors drive dangerous when its not required to drive dangerous more often than not in the area i travel with them. So thats what i get to see and report here with. Like the other night, i explained in a previous post about that doubles fedex....

Oh... and btw, i dont ever remember passing a slower than the speed limit fedex. Ever!

Ups, all the #### time.

5. viper822004

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    yes. I do agree with you on that. The only thing I hate about working for this company is not actually the company but having to deal with drivers OTR starring at me like I am the worst driver at Flying J. hahaha. I try to b as safe as possible, its my career and want to drive as long as I can.

X-Country Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What's the deal with the post that started this thread? Someone just joking around trying to stir up an argument? I don't know, but am curious about this.
    How did you like driving for Saia? Friend of mine works there and really likes it.

LGarrison Thanks this.
  7. viper822004

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    I am not sure. I told him his contractor might have jumped the gun on that. Contractors met last week for their yearly contractual agreements and Fedex was talking about the idea of setting trucks at 65 mph. But nothing was agreed on. At least not yet.

bzinger and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. MoonlightServices

MoonlightServices Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Northern Kentucky
    As of right now - this is just a rumor.

There has been zero communications regarding this between company and contractors.

Next contractor meeting is Monday the 31st / at noon. The topics will be contract enhancements and peak season projections.

I am sure this rumor will come up / I will know more next week.

viper822004 Thanks this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    It'll probably be less because the trailer won't spend the night in a ditch enroute :D

10. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    image.jpg
    Really now?

viper822004 Thanks this.
  11. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    The FACT is you dont know what you are talking about.

You're making broad generalizations about EVERY driver that drives for FXG and lumping us all into the same category.

Some of us have safe track records and take pride in what we do.

Been running Elk Mountain and the Rockies for 2 years and never had an accident, ticket, failed inspection or even a warning.

So shut up.

LoneCowboy and viper822004 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.