70 mph or faster trucks.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ed41041972, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Probably cause most flow of traffic on roads are less than 65.....
    I do drive a 75mph truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    Pretty much all new cars are governed. My 2017 Ford Escape is governed at 105 mph. Most Pick-up trucks are governed at 95-98 mph.

Happened near where I live about 10 years ago. Car ran a red and t-boned a vehicle with a baby in it. The car braked from 40 mph, hit at around 20-25 mph.

4. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    It’s funny that most people seem to think that I believe trucks shouldn’t be able to go 70+. And I must be “scared”. I’m mostly just making points based on facts. I don’t like those Prime trucks anymore than anyone on here. My truck is governed at 71, but I stick to 65 on the interstate mostly because Only about 75 miles of my route is interstate, so going 71 doesn’t save me much time. Plus, the truck speed limit is 60 by me, 70 for cars.

I don’t have a problem with trucks doing 75. Last year on vacation in Montana, I was driving 80, and got passed by several semis doing 85, with one at least doing 95.

I do have a problem with trucks doing 90+, and I have a problem with cars doing 100+. At that point, you are endangering other drivers, period.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Shoot! I'm a company driver, and I drive fast. Ever pass a Tyson or grocery store chain truck that's governed at 55 mph?

That's moving. :yes2557:

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  6. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    :laughing4:

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  7. Outlaw86

Outlaw86 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2019
    VA
    My trucks ran 80mph the last 3 years and now I'm in a 65mph truck currently and it's painful and stupid. It's more dangerous in the slow truck and makes me pretty much hate everyone else on the road. Whoever made this idea up of slowing trucks down should be forced to go out there and drive them. I guarantee their dumb ####ing ### would be miserable and feel like a idiot.

8. Outlaw86

Outlaw86 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2019
    VA
    Now that my trucks slow I think it's kinda funny when some rook thinks he's special bc his truck goes 68. New flash buddy that's slow as #### also. I used to be hammer lane all day long blowing doors off everyone. I tell you what's painful is now getting passed my FedEx and ups. They think they are special or something. ##### please I've done anything and everything there is to do. I feel like I'm being belittled bc I got the slow truck and I tell u what I won't be much longer bc I won't tolerate this.

ajax1337 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You could indeed.

I dont recommend it.

I still have a little bit of a shaky after a incident involving Sterling VA. It worked out well that time.

I dream that some day dispatch will not be such in a hurry. Three square meals a day about 7 hours driving every 24 etc. //just a dream...

10. Kirbs

Kirbs Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2019
    Is this satire? Surely you can't be this much of a baby because someone else goes faster I hope. It sucks passing people sure but why care about other trucks going faster than you? I used to be 70 and now I'm 66. Still make the same miles. Only difference is that passing 62'ers is more annoying especially on hills

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  11. Outlaw86

Outlaw86 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2019
    VA
    Bro are you even a truck driver???. Lol 70mph ####. Don't comment when you don't know what you're talking about. I guess you were that clown in the hammer with your slow ### 70mph truck thinking you had a fast truck and I had to pass you in no truck lane. Youre not even on my level. Not even close and you never have been. So don't tell me how im supposed to feel when I go from 80mph down to 65 and constantly being overtaken and basically a prisoner to the right lane. Most will agree with me. Lol this dude said 70 mph GTFO here. I remember getting pissed when I got into a truck that only did 70.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.