72 hour blitz huh?

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by TruckLife2176, Jun 4, 2017.

1. TruckLife2176

TruckLife2176 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Here's the opportunity we need. So during these "3 days blitz" since the fmcsa wants to treat us as criminals. This is a great time for us to stand back up together and not turn a wheel for the entire 3 days of this unconstitutional harassment they call a "72 hour blitz" from motor carrier law enforcement. We as companies and drivers need to send out a message of our own. I've seen 3-4 emails and even seen on receipts from truck stops "CVSA 2017 INTERNATIONAL ROAD CHECK" June 6-8 are you ready? We should send us an email to shippers receivers dispatchers brokers and even Fmcsa
    warning that all trucks on June 6-8 will be parked and no deliveries or pick ups will be made for those said dates. This is due to unconstitutional inspections and harassment from motor carrier law enforcement. We will resume normal business on June 9th sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and the world. And then finish it off by saying Are you ready?? You know I'm so sick of the FMCSA looking down on truck drivers and treating us as criminals when we really all we are is nothing more but hard working family men and women who are trying to provide for our families just the same way that they are. Except we have a few exceptions of missing birthdays,weddings, graduations, ball games, funerals, last breaths, child births, child's first steps, Child's first words holidays, reunions, and the list goes on! Not to mention that even the motor carrier guy or gal who stops you is also dependent upon trucks for their needs as well. It's funny how there can be a natural disaster and FEMA steps in. And Oh goodness we need water and truck loads of it. And food and truck loads of that to. And whatever else they need and now they really love us and need us and know the importance of our position. So they say let's just lift all regulations against trucks during this time of need so that they can get us the things we need. No hours of service rules no weight restrictions or any of the nonsense regs we follow on a daily basis. Please guys. We have to stand up!!! Or else our jobs and lifestyles that we have as truckers and in a lot of people out there is all they know and all they have been doing for their entire career is going to get worse and worse as they see they can push us around in any direction and nothing will happen in return. It's like the school bully pushing the kid around until finally the kid fires back and makes a difference Please read, Let it sink in as how we are really treated and look upon by these people. Guys and Gals we need to take a stand for our rights as well. As it's all of our god given rights. We all should be treated as what we really are. HARD WORKING individuals who are trying to provide a future for our kids and families as well. Thanks for reading

Dharok and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    It's the business we chose to be in.

I am not saying the blitz isn't a money grab from all angles. It is. From fines to having to make sure your ready. But am I the only one that enjoys the challenge of its me against the DOT man? Who is gonna win today?

If it was all about safety they should be like this all the time or never know it's coming. Instead they give a warning so the sure enough junk can be off the road. Crazy isn't it

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I wouldn't mind getting inspected... I need a few more so they won't move me to all red lights for prepass for lack of inspections... only had 2 in last 24 months both level 3..

And this isn't the only blitz... some states do them unannounced from time to time.. this is just to show the motoring public that they do actually keep us big bad truckers in check

Diesel Dave and wore out Thank this.
  5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Scales rarely on my shift. Had logbook inspected as well as vehicle once in 20 years. You sketchy looking characters bring on the heat all on your own. I am the epitome of honesty and integrity that is obvious when on the few occasions the scale shack waves me on through.

#1don and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    this is annual time off for me.
    I'm not playing this harassment game.
    Surrounded by a bunch of people with loaded guns
    Like we're hardcore gangbangers.

Anybody who gets a ticket during this craziness
    Deserves it. Nobody to blame but yourself for
    Being out there.

7. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Around here the wide spots or pull off's marked weigh stations that are never open will pull all nighters. They will close the east bound side scale at hope on 30 and open the pull in scale at Benton. They will try to catch the regular route guys that normally don't scale though they are not avoiding them.

It's different every where

8. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Ok

JReding Thanks this.
  9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    There is no need to worry about the blitz. If everything is current, and you keep up with your equipment, then why worry !!! Every time I get a DOT inspection, (I 90% time volunteer)I usually pass and get my sticker and am on my way. That tells me I'm doing "My" end of the job in keeping up with my equipment. I'm not afraid of any DOT man. He has his job and I have mine. There has been an occasion where they might find a very small thing, but sometimes they just let me know(warning no write up) and some that have to make a name for themselves and write it up, so be it, so it costs me $25.00 for the process paperwork, I look at it as a a service that they caught and something that I missed. Like mentioned above, "Bring it on".....I'm ready.
    Edit: Criminal's ? Who is the criminal ? Referring to what the OP stated. If you cough up and attitude with the DOT, of course they are gonna look down on you.
    Strike ? For what!!!!! I'm doing ok. It's been said here many many times, a strike well never work. For those who do well, and the ones that don't well jump on the freight while we sit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    My companies CSA score last I checked is 16.8% for vehicles, and 1.2% for drivers with 45 per units. I seldom get pulled into the scale, and when I do, is usually because they are pulling everyone in. I'm trying to get an inspection. I'd like to get that $200 clean inspection inspection bonus for a level 1. I just put my truck in the shop last Thursday for 6 new trailer tires.

Diesel Dave and slim shady Thank this.
  11. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    As already said why worry about something that each and everyone of us should pass any ways.
    I think this blitz is a good thing and will make companies due their maintenance atleast for the next 3 days.
    Plus I'll get a nice little beer money bonus for passing

Diesel Dave and Jazz1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.