7months with werner review

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Ruckie, Jun 7, 2012.

1. americanmadetrucker

americanmadetrucker Logistical Engineer

Jul 3, 2012
    I made it to fredrick,md. Waiting for a lift to shippensburg now.Bus ride killed me! Never knew a 4 hour ride took 8 hours.lol Gotta love greyhound! NOT!! lol All is well and will keep ya posted!:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lyle

Lyle Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Florida
    Yes i have been down the TN111 cumberland plateau, mount eagle, 7-8% downgrade fully loaded with paper rolls. Use the right gear and the jake and you have no problem stopping. Also they dont just spring construction zone on you, also highways clearly mark steep down grades. If your paying attention and doing what ur suppose to you should not have had that issue. Proper pre trip also helps. A 4% down grade is not really all too bad your dropping 4 feet of elevation every 100 feet traveled. But i suppose things do happen that cause sittuations to arise that are uncontrollable.

4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    At the end of the day turned in truck( national guard annual training) and was told to call back when ready to pick up next truck... They are bleeding drivers like a girl on her period!!

5. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    Jjust tell them to put your truck on hold. it will suck to come back and get an crappy truck with problems...

6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Nah chill!!! I'm not trying to get behind the wheel of a crapscadia unless I have to, I rather wait few days

7. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    just went to get my driver abstract.. that ticket in the construction area was not posted!!!

8. Wessideaz

Wessideaz Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    lil jon, what do u need a terminal for once a month. you get reimbursed for everything ur truck needs. i went to a terminal one time in 12 months just for a random. i would scream if they tried to keep me down at a terminal that often. dang.

9. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Werner's Gar Gar ignores repair request a lot of the times, saying they'll fix it and they don't or just giving you some excuse not to fix it. A new driver would probably do as he is told, and drive it. Remember CSA2010 now? Its YOUR record that is on the line for violations, esp safe violations. You really only have limited choices here. Need to be willing to accept some down time any where from 1 day till 1 week, and just red tag the truck. Don't get into a verbal argument, just say it once, then walk away or hang up. Make sure its over the qualcom too for permanent record that this truck number is shut down red tagged for x violations and needs repair. Now the waiting would be at a Werner Terminal but you'd prob get faster service from doing break down macro and getting auth for repairs at a TA. Either way, at a truck stop with service, or Werner terminal, just refuse to drive until its fixed. You'll have some down time, but you'll protect your record. And if your not willing to deal with the down time waiting for repairs, then its time to quit your job. Cause with a bad CSA2010 score, no other company will hire you anyways. So really, its the drivers ability to get that truck repaired, even if Gar Gar tryings to ignore you, then just red tag it.

Another topic, home time. I've never had Werner screw me over on home time as long as you send your Macro 38 "Request for Home Time" immediately when you go back on the road. Give them advance notice. If your 1-2 days from home time and seem that you might be going in the wrong direction, then give them a message or call, and be respectful, and you'll get it.

I have worked for companies that flat out refused the home time that they promised though. Werner might be low pay $400-$700/week but at least you get home when promised.

10. jcal88

jcal88 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2012
    On the interstate
    Anyone else have the crappy 8-9 auto trans? I can't stand it.

11. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    Yea i got the 9 speed top 2 trans. it alright but i wish we had regular 9 or 13 speeds. specially since they have me doing family dollar out of virginia and were always in the mountains. 13 would definity help alot more. Overall it a good trans to learn on and mainly flat highway driving

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.