7yr dui with class C.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by NorCalLivn, Dec 19, 2017.

1. NorCalLivn

NorCalLivn Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Thanks, I'm a honest individual as it is. Never believed in getting somewhere with a lie(s). I was taught a man is only good for his word... ☝️

driverdriver and nightgunner Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Now now, don't stress. Doors close another opens. Usually.

Talk with your brothers and see what their insurance company says. And get a answer as to when you might be able to join them without a excessive increase on the brothers insurance.

I think there was a time DAC would have life time bans, but those have been reduced to 5 years or less. Keep in mind that prescription schedule two and three drugs are now being included in routine drug testing due to the hysteria over the opioid crisis.

Many trucking companies are big enough to be self insured, forget about them for the time being.

You will get past this problem like you did everything else in life. Don't give up.

NorCalLivn Thanks this.
  4. HighwayD

HighwayD Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    What you need to worry about is your most recent 3 years. Keep that MVR clean! DUIs can hurt you in certain situations. In some it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I know several people who have some pretty nasty pasts who are making good money driving truck. Like we're talking DUI and/or drugs.

What matters though is once you get your CDL the rules change. The consequences grow and your margin for error shrinks. Certain offenses can lose you your CDL for a while, some can make it go away forever. You, like me and everyone else who has one must be clean and careful from here out.

Do not worry about your past at this time. I'm sure you've learned from it and are ready to move forward. Enjoy your new career and carry positive changes into the future. You can do a lot of really cool, profitable things with your CDL. I hope you make six figures.

Have Fun and Work Hard!

5. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    You may have to work for a Mega before you will.be accepted onto your brothers insurance.

6. NikkiLS

NikkiLS Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2018

7. NikkiLS

NikkiLS Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I have a question, did California approve you for a cdl after having all of you DUI'S? I want to go to driving school but I'm afraid they won't allow me to have a cdl at the DMV. I have 2 one 11years old and 1 five years old.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.