8/2 split question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Driver91, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    The 8 hours of drive time and 11 hours on your 14 is correct. Your 2 hour plus the 8 hour sleeper berth time gives you the required 10 hours to reset your clock.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I'm currently working on that for sure.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  4. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    That website doesn't go into detail, just says that the ten hour break can be split into 8/2 hours. There is a lot more to it than that.

5. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Yeah I have read the fmcsa book and it really doesn't give a good understanding. I was just trying to understand it better. I really don't have to worry about it all that much. I usually get a 10 Hr break and then some because of the way my deliveries fall. It's usually when I'm headed home on Fridays or something that I want the 8/2 split knowledge just in case.

6. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Best explanation of the split break.

7. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    this is why drivers are exhausted, spend more time trying to figire this nonsense out, it just forces u to drive when u dont and cant when u want. complete rubbish. say im out of hrs on my 70, just stopped in the middle of the afternoon wide awake after sleepin all nite, can drive after midnite so instead of driving now when im awake i will drive after midnite lol all rubbish, but hey some guys like a challenge an find it interesting, i got better things to do i guess

8. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    paper or elog dont matter, all logbook rules are rubbish. guys running around racing a clock. problem isnt really elogs its someone else dispatching you on elogs

9. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    just show this video to everyone who is not a trucker and they will understand why truckers are exhausted, all rubbish.

10. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Just take a 10 hour and dont worry bout it.

11. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    To decipher this, you will need a frog, a wizard, two cans of pineapple juice, a garden gnome, bolt cutters, zipties, duct tape, an abacus, a pint of virgin's blood, $38 in small change (no bills), a souvenir spoon from the Grand Canyon, a latex glove, a magnifying glass, ice cube tray, and a notarized letter of recommendation from your Congressman, signed in invisible ink.

The rest should be self-explanatory.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.