8 hour sleeper berth rule

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by timidlady, Feb 20, 2020.

1. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    After wading through a two gallon puddle of urine yesterday I decided I'm grossed out enough to write my senator regarding the 8 hour sleeper berth rule. The 8 hour sleeper berth rule should not supercede my very basic rights to personal care such as urination and defecation but any personal care like showering eating and exercise. The average american only sleeps 6 hours anyway. I am mad I stepped in a great big urine puddle outside my driver door. Truly disgusted. I am going to write the fmcsa civil rights department and file a complaint too but that needs to be in writing so I'm waiting for hometime tomorrow. I'm also going to write a separate one about their stupid fat rules which now discriminate the average american woman weighs 170 and is 5 3. That means the average american woman is obese. These laws specifically discriminate against women and create barriers to EEOC and in no way effect public safety as most american women already drive and work with fewer safety issues than men. So there.

jsnell Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Berth. Every other time my spell check never lets me say anything.

4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Yes, write to your senator and tell him or her that you want the HOS laws changed because you walked in a puddle of urine. I’m sure it will give them a chuckle.

In the future, when you encounter a puddle of urine on the ground (which unfortunately you WILL), may
    I suggest you walk around it.

***** Truckstop rule #1: Always watch where you walk!!!

alds, Rcranch81, Soap stone and 12 others Thank this.
  5. theSoz

theSoz Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Your username is TimidLady, which is rather ironic since all I've seen from you is angry post, after angry post about how someone has wronged you and how you're being targeted and how this industry is so horrible, etc etc. If you hate this job so much, you hate the people, the places, the truck stops, find another job!!

I get that everyone has a bad day, but to come here and ##### and moan in every post is ridiculous. Seriously, if you don't like your job/work environment, find another one. It might also serve you well to find a therapist and talk through some of these issues. Self care is a must.

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Good lord. You are the one choosing where you take your breaks so if you choose to take your break where you don’t have access to the things listed it’s pretty much on you.

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I'm a little slow sometimes. WTH does the hos have to do with you stepping in urine?

peterd, Dino soar, flood and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You don't have stay in sleep berth for 8 hours if you don't want to. You can go get a shower or do anything you want till you 10 hour break is up.

Dino soar, Kyle G. and theSoz Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You know, your last post said their is discrimination against fat people. Your 5 foot 3 and 170 lbs.....not exactly what I would call fat. My wife is way bigger than you, and she never does this much complaining about nothing. At 170, you dont have enough rolls to bake a whole batch. Anyway, you really suck at this job. You should plan better. I actually love 8 hr rule. I find it to be handy in certain situations

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I think that writing to your senator is a great idea! If I was you I'd make copies of all your posts on TTR and send them too.
    Writing to FMCSA is another good way to make yourself and your ideas known to them. I don't think they have a civil rights department but I'm sure they'd listen to you anyway.
    Another idea is making a list of your complaints, printing them, and handing them to the officers at every scale you go through. That should get you some attention.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The only 8 hour bert rule is for a split. If you don't want to stay in the berth for that long just go off duty and leave the truck.

12. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Log sleeper berth, then do what you want. No one knows if you actually slept or not.

alds, Auctioneer and 86scotty Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.