85 W900 Parking brake

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Goldie85, Nov 13, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've never seen that setup before. My 1980 W900 has the 3 buttons.Pretty sure I have to charge the system with the yellow knob, then push in the blue button before the park brakes on the truck will release.

Roger McG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Yeah, you have to push and hold the blue button to release the spring brakes, you have to hold it down it doesn't stay released

4. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    On mine nothing releases with just the yellow button in. I actually have to charge the red and blue valves by pushing in the yellow valve first, then I can push in the blue valve to release the truck brakes and the red valve to release the trailer. I don't have to hold the blue one in it stays in on its own.

5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Something is definitely off.. They are all independent or should be.. the Red is your emergency / trailer supply valve.. you ought to be able to push it and it should simply supply air to the trailer only...The yellow is basically the parking brakes, you should be able to release in without it effecting the trailer in any way. Some tractors, if you have both red and yellow applied, the both will pop if you pull out the yellow.. but they should release separately. The blue is really something that just sits there nowadays.. most trucks don't even have them anymore

6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I think even my dad's old '78 W900 was the same way too.

spsauerland and Roger McG Thank this.
  7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Mine is same way too. Yellow supplies air to blue (tractor) and red (trailer). Need both yellow and blue pushed in to move it.

Roger McG and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.