86 k 100 aerodyne

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by p booth, Nov 14, 2011.

1. p booth

p booth Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    hey kw guy been haveing trouble getting parts for my truck . they tell me its a t2000 . they took my sin # i have parts book for it but cant get local kw dealer to help order parts 6weeks later the stuff is in canada .the last parts i got other source . kw wants twice as much as traction .we dont make that kind of money .i get sin for you if need thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokinCAT

SmokinCAT Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hillsboro, OH./ Adrian, MI
    They are prolly going to have to use the complete serial number, thats the only way I see them figuring out a duplicate, although I think that it would give them options to choose if there are more than one.

I havent had any trouble with my 83.

4. companyman

companyman Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think you should just sell it to me for $2500

:biggrin_2558:

5. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    1986 is the 'break-year' for the old fiche based system. After 1986 all the records are on computer. Kenworth has been duplicating ser numbers here in Canada for about the last 4 years or so. I MAY have a fiche card for your unit. Let me know what you need.

6. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    been offered 35,000 and i still have it

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  7. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    thanks parts guy i just found out my cab bushings for front pivet are for a hood . only had them for 7 years on the shelf . somuch for stocking parts for the day you need them

8. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Keep this in mind, OEM dealers are only required to support a vehicle for 10 years from its in service date, and the general rule for stocked parts vs non-stocked = if it doesnt move 6 times in one year the part will not be stocked at the dealer level.

Now saying that parts are stocked for alot longer than 10 years but maybe outsourced from the original equipment vender at the time your truck was built, and PDC warehouses will usually stock parts that move on a typically slower rotation than the magic 6 times a year, but you will have to wait for them or pay to have them flown or otherwise expedited.

9. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    thanks guy any chance on getting these bushings . i have 87 kw k100 but its not an aerodyne . they look the same but i dont want to get wrong parts again . i guess im stuck with the bushings i have the dealer i got them from changed names a few times returning them is not an option . anybody need some t2000 hood bushings brand new still in the bag [probly never were them out anyway]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.