95 Freightliner N14 fuel filter...

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by BreatheEasy, Dec 10, 2018.

1. BreatheEasy

BreatheEasy Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    We may have gotten to the bottom of it. The dealership says that is a water separator that the fuel filter is connected to. And that The fuel filter they sold me it’s actually designed to open them from the top to serve as a vent so that when I opened up the drain from the bottom of the water separator it allows the water to drain out. Without that opening at the top of the fuel filter water would not drain out the bottom of the water separator. So it is supposed to be installed upside down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    I’ve never seen a setup exactly like that. I have seen a Davco filter with a spin on instead of the original plastic globe which was what I was thinking you might have had. But it sounds like you have it figured out now.

4. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    That's some serious odd ball #### you got there......

If that's the only filter on the fuel side I would RIP that off and install a davco 382. A lot more common and you can see what's going on inside.

Oh and fix that fuel return line before it leaves you stranded.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I tell you right now that entire shock absorber Tower and it's resident main bolt assembly to that frame is absolutely OOS. That #### thing is cracked just about clear through.

It's well on it's way to snapping off and taking your whole front end with it the hard way. Possibly flipping YOU and ending your life.

6. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Lol Easy there heavy, all I see there is worn out rubber shock bushings and in no way is a shock mount going to cause a roll over and a death. Where do you come up with this stuff.?

Slowpoke KW Thanks this.
  7. rrw811

rrw811 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    WI
    Rolling over because the shock mount broke

8. rrw811

rrw811 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    WI
  9. rrw811

rrw811 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    WI
    That being said, by the looks of the picture a trooper could have a field day with that rig lol.

10. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    It just needs a pressure wash every few mo. to be a clean truck?

11. BreatheEasy

BreatheEasy Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    That’s why I’m on here getting it right before they get a chance to look at it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.