955 or General Lee

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Broke Down 69, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Going to be in Walcott tomorrow afternoon and plan to get a new cb and mike installed and have my swr set. Can't make up my mind which one to go with. The General is quite a bit cheaper but that Stryker just looks awesome. CB will be NIB, to many complaints with their techs for me to let them inside it, I plan on contacting Mark Sherman for that despite my complete contempt of all things Facebook.

Help me decide, I got money but don't want to just splatter it away needlessly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

I think Craig_sez will join me in voting for the Stryker. If you are on FB with Mark you can look up the Stryker Radio Club SRC page for lots of rig pictures to drool over.

rabbiporkchop and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    To the OP, just buy the radio straight from Mark since your going that route and save on the shipping(to him). I sent Mark a message thru FB messenger and have NOT heard a word from him yet. Goodluck.....

5. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Unless you tell him you want to buy something from him like a expensive radio or something that he'll make $$$$ off of you from good luck getting a hold of him.... mans the most overrated highest priced tech out here.. the work he charges you for about $175 a competent tech would only charge you about $60to$80 to do.........a fool and his $$$$$ soon part DON'T be a FOOL and give him your $$$$$

Diesel Dave and BTShepp Thank this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I would take the Stryker 955 given the choice

7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Gee rabbi p.. responded imagine that I'm sure I ruffled his feathers again. Lol he's ignored by me.........and will stay that way. I could care less what he has to say...

8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Get the 955 a little more watt juice and many more features...still 85 percent of your radio performance is your antenna

CW Spook Thanks this.
  9. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    he's been known to Jack up parts inside radios he had no reason at all to tamper with....that's been verified by many other of the real techs out here.... and their are many good ones who have 20 to 40 years plus cb radio repair work out here.....

10. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Well, talked it over with the guys here and went with the 655 instead. No use for ssb and it's otherwise pretty comparable. Went with the astatic Mike over the pricier Palomar when he told me there had been reports of feedback issues with the Stryker radios. Also pulling brand new coax and top shelf connectors. He's installing it now. I'll let y'all know how it works.

bored silly Thanks this.
  11. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    Great radio all smart moves on your part... ran a 655 for about a year loved it... but I moved up to much higher wattage radios as time went on... just traded it in and got a decent amount of $$$ for it.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.