A&A Express Brandon, SD

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by HAWAIIANTHRIVER, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Good morning drivers! I started a thread deatailing my transition from JCT to A&A Express in an attempt to show 100% transparency. The problem, as with most threads that I've found, is that there are naysayers and negative nancy's who think that their way is the only way to do things. That no one can be successful if you don't share their mindset or running habits. And that my friends is simply not true. For many of us, the lease purchase programs offered by companies is a good road to travel. With this thread I intend to detail as much as I can about A&A Express. From day 1 in orientation forward. So, today is day 1. Stay tuned, be safe, Aloha always.

Oldironfan and Landog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good luck Bud, hope things go well for you.

Wickedfire77 and HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thank this.
  4. Thank you!

5. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Good luck pulling for you be safe and keep us posted.

HAWAIIANTHRIVER Thanks this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    With an attitude like yours, I am sure you'll be very successful.Good luck to you!

7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I think you cast a spell vs hate today. Hope it lasts.
    Good luck to you. I look forward to your report. It's due by 8pm.

8. Orientation Day 1,
    As instructed, I showed up at the A&A Express yard by 0900. I was there at 0845. The hotel (Quality Inn Brandon, SD) is maybe 150 yards from the terminal. I needed to have my CDL, Medical card and long form physical, Social Security Card and a voided check for direct deposit. The lease trucks DO NOT come standard with an APU. I was instructed to bring my 2000 watt inverter to day 1 of orientation so that the shop can install it. There are 3 of us in orientation this week. 1 company driver and 1 other L/P driver. As soon as we gave the safety and compliance lady our documents we were then sent into the conference room to watch some videos and do some quizzes. Sue, safety and compliance and recruiter, told us to change the dvds as they started ending. It was pretty much all safety related. We watched videos on drugs and alcohol testing, H.O.S., Roadside Inspections, C.S.A. a Drivers Guide, C.S.A. the 7 Basics. Each section had a quiz- 33 questions total. We were allowed to work as a group. It wasn't very difficult. Then a video on PeopleNet. This is their communications and electronic log system. Then we went upstairs and met the President who is the son and grandson to the two people who started the company. We met all of the planners. Everything was pretty chill. My truck is in the shop right now getting my inverter installed. Kicking back at the hotel right now waiting on Monday Night football to begin. Due back in the morning at 0900. Aloha

RF23 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  9. Deacon2006

Deacon2006 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Bethany, Mo
    Good to see you started another thread! Was reading your original thread, while interesting it was becoming extremely cluttered with other topics. Good luck, I have been out of the game for a couple of years and I am thinking about going Lease when I get back in. You have been very helpful in my decision making process! Thanks

10. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
  11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    You are overdue on your progress report

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.