A&A Express Brandon, SD

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by HAWAIIANTHRIVER, Sep 14, 2015.

1. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

Typical uncaring, lie all day, go home at night, play with momma and the kids...do it again tomorrow kinda guy it sounds like.

blsqueak Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Nah, not needed. I am not going to get into a pissing match with some rookie. Just look at how long a member and his posts. Well right now in a hotel due to no a/c in the bunk. Have apu but when the sleeper temp gets up there the APU is not going to get it down 20-30 degrees to a normal 70. So they want me to stop at KW on my way to IL tomorrow and I know that this is a waste of time since I know all to well how KW is on a weekend and can not talk to Dan or Bill. Both out.

4. daywalker24

daywalker24 Light Load Member

^^ maybe he was just checking your attitude and from the looks of it your either a negative nelly or a know it all sans the rookie response based off when someone joined this forum....

R.Hagar Thanks this.
  5. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    My attitude is just fine. Just hate to be talked down to by people that seem to know it all, especially those that sit behind a desk and never been in a truck and they know it all and after 6 years with Swift I think that I can put up with lots, just again, hate being talked down to or talked over, and his comment came off as full of not saying anything

6. R.Hagar

R.Hagar Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Kurt, like I said is a handful.. With that said, I will say this... They are a very hands off company. They expect you to figure out and handle everything yourself.
    Now, I have never driven a company truck with them.. But I will say they expect you to haul what they Dispatch you on. Even in a lease truck, I had certain issues with them basically telling me to do it, or I would get nothing. Yes it was rare, but still happened. With my own truck, it's not like that at all. And if Kurt has nothing I want, I put it in the wind and jump to another dispatcher/area.
    With the truck, I can imagine Bill will tell you to take it to kw or sweat it out. He is pretty old school.

You been out here long enough, treat it as your own and handle it. Call and tell them what you need to get it done.

Best of luck.. When you get your own, it gets easier. That's why I don't drive anyone's truck but my own. One go with a lease, and I went right back to my own truck.

7. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Thank you. I would just appreciate a return call. Like I said, been waiting for Bill to call me back after Dan talked to him. Almost 2 days now. This is what I do not like. And today as far as Kurt, have home request in and have this load going to IL and and I was transferred to Kurt and mentioned it, and his response, see what I can do. In my eyes, I would have probably been happier with the words like, Okay, I will get to work and find you something a little later. I have heard last night from another driver that Kurt hates to preplan. Thanks for what you said. I will remember that about putting it in the wind and getting to another area. I used to do that a lot with Swift, just to get out of a certain planning area

Please remember that I am the new kid on the block here so I have to learn how they operate. I have no problem handling it on my own, IF I HAVE all the information, unlike what happened the other day in OKC. If I had known that drop and hook, then I could have handled it differently. I actually thought that after dealing with Swift for almost 6 years this would be a piece of cake

8. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Just make sure changing areas doesn't get you in hot water, being you are driving their truck.

I doubt you will get a call back from Bill.

9. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I was thinking about that when I get into my own. Yes. that is what I hate. Even Dan told me that he would have bill call me, and like I said, that was 2 days ago and he is out of the office until Monday

I guess that I am kinda like old school. You start with a new company and they do what they can to give you a great first impression. I have to admit that right now, I enjoy when talking to Nick and John and Orv. They seem like they really want to help and listen

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    All this is exactly why I got my own authority, truck and trailer. I book my own loads, make my appointments and decide what and when I will or won't take a load.

This, "take this load or else" is a bunch of crap.

I can't stand to be subject to and dependent upon some yahoo that has 40 other trucks on his/her fleet, rarely answers the phone and acts like a prick when they do.

R.Hagar Thanks this.
  11. R.Hagar

Apr 2, 2015
    Exactly what I'm working on..

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.