A&A Express

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Voodoo Pyg, Feb 17, 2022.

1. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    You have better up side on rates I did see some frieght here go out west the problem is call for vans are not that good out there right now I haven't sniffed a 10 k run had some 3300 on 164 miles and 3600 on 500 and 5200 on 757 ....I miss cali salinas man 6200 on 800 .....

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Salinas and San Juan Bautista are two that we do for sure. Lots of produce but also a lot of sitting. I think I mentioned in your post about our California guy tearing one of the companies we were pulling for a new ###. This is because they had me sitting there after I showed up on time. Made me sit for over 12 hours and miss my other appointment. To say he was pissed off is the understatement of the century. He ripped that broker for every cent of detention pay he could. I sit here laughing as I can only imagine everything he called them. I do know a lot of our rates have shot up. Where our furniture loads used to be $1100-$1300 now they've reached 3k. Nope. A&A didn't leave us out to dry partner.

markealy Thanks this.
  4. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    She's back.... More after I get things fixed.

Attached Files:

5. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    As you can see from the picture above, I am back in my Tessie. It started out as good as it could be at the time but then came the hammer to crush my balls. I took a load of raw turkey from our yard in South Dakota last week for Los Angeles, CA *GAG* and made a decent headway to get it there by Thursday afternoon. The pay was $4200 after everything under the sun, so not a bad way to start right? HA! HA! Right. While sitting in Milan, NM, I called the receiver, one RW Zant, to question them about their operating hours. Well, they offered me a 13:00 appointment, which I gladly accepted as I knew I would make it. Thursday comes around and I beat it down I-15 to LA and make it with 15 minutes to spare. When I get inside, they tell me that they will not unload me at 13:00 as I was offered the day before, but instead would retain the original 16:00 appointment. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. They even got rude with one of my CSRs, which twisted my crank even further.
    Now you may be asking, "Why are you so pissed off, Pyg?" I'll be happy to tell you. The man who runs our California board dispatched us by what time we may be done unloading. So he dispatched me on a four pick and one drop off load that came out to $5100. It was for Hyvee down in Chariton, IA. Not only did they keep me for the 16:00 appointment, they held me over four hours after the fact. The produce warehouses ended up closing on me and I had to run all four of those picks in one day. This severely damaged my clock and I ended up having to repower the load off here in Colorado and finish a short trip for a whopping $115.00. I still get about $3500.00 of the original one. I'm on a 34 hour reset now. Nothing to do but try again on Wednesday and hope for the best. However, that warehouse is on my "refusal" list for the foreseeable future.

6. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Just got my load information and I'm not the happiest guy in the world. It will only pay me about $2,067 but it will get me running back on the highway and hopefully something better right after. Sadly, this will lead me to the weekend and I can about count on having a crap check for the next week after this one. I will continue to plug along. Still one can only hope for the best. Pyg out!

7. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Hmmmmm.... I take it that you aren't doing very well since you haven't updated in almost 3 months

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    A&A aka Schaws wipping folks , been there done that although i enjoyed Brandon.

9. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    A&A aka Schaws wipping folks , been there done that although i enjoyed Brandon.

10. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Gotta love how a person cannot have a life outside of TTR. And no, I'm not and money isn't the issue. I had a few family things going on and almost lost my wife around the time of my last post. Everything's fine now so thank you for asking. Plus, people don't read this thing anyway so I post as needed. Got any questions for me, ask away.

dunchues and RidgeRunner731 Thank this.
  11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    How was your experience? What was the good, the bad and the ugly on your end?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.