A/C air vent problems

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by kttrucker, Jun 9, 2018.

1. kttrucker

kttrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2016
    On my 2007 T600 I'm having issues with getting enough air flow out of the vents. Cleaned the evaporator and checked out the blower motor, runs good, puts out a lot of air when I have it out. I work in dusty conditions, so I blocked off the outside air inlet, and run it on recirculate, but can't figure out where the system gets the return air from. The volume of air out of the vents doesn't equal what comes out of the blower, the blower acts like it's starved for air. Can someone give me some advice on what to do? Would appreciate some input.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    That POS air box that KW has been using forever is letting all of your air leak out. With hood open and blower on high speed check for leaks around that box. You will find many. The only way to seal it is with the expanding foam in a can. Looks like hell but works for a while. Don't price out a new box on a full stomach. You will lose it!

4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I used water resistant foil tape (like they use on duct work, available at most home improvement stores). Stuff will stick to anything. And doubles as a heat reflector.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.