A couple basic questions

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by hewriter, Nov 30, 2012.

1. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I think by distribution point he means the place where trucks load and go make their deliveries to stations around an area.

hewriter and wis bang Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Each place was a small tank farm providing storage and TRUCK loading for a brand or two or three.

hewriter Thanks this.
  4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    The OP was talking about a haul from Boston to Atlanta. Are any gas tankers pulled by sleeper trucks? I have never seen one. Isn't it all regional/local?

hewriter Thanks this.
  5. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    Pretty much local, the exception being ethanol and in some cases jet fuel

hewriter Thanks this.
  6. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Ok , I guess. I have seen sleeper trucks out west where there is long distance between towns. But yes they are very few of them.

hewriter Thanks this.
  7. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I saw a few sleeper fuel trucks before, I see this one decked out Pete once a month or so pulling diesel fuel on i95 and he has a sleeper, but he looks like an owner, I doubt a company would pay for all that chrome or the ridiculous shifter that is way high and bends down that he has.

I do have to wonder, with all the distribution points on the east coast why anyone would bother with a sleeper unless it was a just in case of traffic thing.

hewriter Thanks this.
  8. hewriter

hewriter Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks again to all. Great stuff. I might go with Disal SG, ethanol, or jet fuel to maintain the sleeper truck approach, but I might switch to a local tank farm in Maryland. If I go with the tank farm, anyone know where some of these might be in Maryland? The closer to the Fort Detrick area, the better, but any would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

9. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    It's rare for an O/O because of the bond they must post before they even load. Last time I heard it was around 2 million. But they do exist.

hewriter Thanks this.
  10. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    Does he have a 1993 placard on it? Could he be hauling bulk bio blend instead?

hewriter Thanks this.
  11. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    There are several chemical tank farms in the Curtis Bay area, I think there is fuel storage there too, a refinery in Delaware City, DE and a bunch in the Phila, PA area for alternates.

One though would be AV gas going to a remote airport for a longer haul. We used to load in the NE PA area but we drove to Phila for Av Gas.

With the introductions of bio fuels and ethanol blends; the Avation fuels may only be available at a few locations requiring some longer hauls.

hewriter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.