A CX-11 adventure

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kozakvod, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Okay all, I need some solid advise.

I've been working with Dave up at Worldwide (thank you #ziggy) and I'm contemplating a 2014 388 with an ISX 13 speed and a CX-11. It just had an in-frame with 260k of factory warranty remaining.

Nice thing about this rig, it has the big bunk and with my wife riding with me, that's surely a plus. Question is this, what's going to be my learning curve on getting the dang thing loaded and unloaded without tearing things up? Ive NEVER loaded one before and I will be leaning on my own, as a one truck o/o. My 8 car is a whole lot more easy so i want to make sure im not biting off more than i can chew.

And any thoughts or opinions about the truck is appreciated too.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    If you load 10 (7 on trailer) make sure you switch L pins for front belly deck.

Gonna have to learn as you go. Every load is different.

Take pictures of every load you do for memory.

4. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    See there, right there, I dont have a clue what you're referring too. My guess is that I'll stay away from 10 cars for awhile. Thank you CRB for the heads up about whatever it is you're talking about.

5. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    What do you typically haul? And where?

6. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    Cars, suvs, truck mixes, generally across the south FL to AZ and north to UT, NV and CO. Im based out of Dallas.

7. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
  8. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Orange circle are L pins I'm referring to. Gives you extra clearance for unit in bottom belly when stacking trailer so you don't bust a back window.

9. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Start taking pictures of other drivers loads and mixes. Make mental notes. I've got a crap ton of pictures from previous loads I could email you for some guidance if you wished.

10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Biggest thing is figuring where to spot decks and what flippers to use etc to get out of the door.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  11. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    Fabulous info, thank you tons. And if I decide to go this route, I will definitely seek out some of your phots.

Overall you're not shying me away from it, as I take it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.