A few more questions

Discussion in 'Millis' started by BIGREAD, Dec 13, 2015.

1. BIGREAD

BIGREAD Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Rockmart, Ga
    Hey everyone, I will be going to class with Millis on January 18th in Cartersville. I've been reading a lot about Millis and there is a ton of information but I just wanted to get a few updated perspectives. So first just wondering if you guys think the company is still one of the best starter companies and also what is it like running regional in the Southeast as I'm thinking about doing that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good luck to you. Keep us updated.

BIGREAD, G13Tomcat and mountaingote Thank this.
  4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats on your new adventure!

BIGREAD Thanks this.
  5. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Chinatown and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know, as far as I know they're still OK.

G13Tomcat and SHOJim Thank this.
  7. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

What your'e not flatbeding any more Red?? Been off the board awhile. Hope you are doing ok

8. fatherofthree

fatherofthree Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Iowa
    If I am not mistaken dont they have driver facing cameras as well ... that thread needs a clean up lol

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    yes, driver facing cameras

firemedic2816 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    If nothing else, SE/reg will "hopefully" keep you out of the inevitable snow and ice. Good luck, Driver!

11. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    I drove for them from March 2015 until July 2015. Ran southeast regional. Now this is just My opinion. Others may like it, but I had too many days when I would do short (75-250 Miles) runs. Stopping at shippers a lot eating up my 14 hour clock. They have good equipment. Almost all their trucks have forward and inward facing drive cams. Heavy loads that required hitting the nearest cat scale. I just don't like wasting time without the wheels turning. The company I am with now blows Millis away as far as being able to keep the left door shut and get those miles in. Millis is very good about getting you home on the weekend. That is a big plus to me. If you can afford to have low mileage weeks every other week, its not a terrible company to drive for. Where I'm working now I get on average 600 to 650 miles a day. Unless on occasion I have to wait on the turtle man on a forklift live loading me. 90% of the time its just drop and hook and I'm outta there rolling. As far as the 75-250 mile runs. I dont mean that's your total miles for the day. You may run 75 miles to pick up a load then take it 250 miles up the interstate then you might run another 100 miles and its time to start planning where you're going to park for your 10 hour break. Its a bummer that the truckstops start filling up around 7 pm. Not trying to discourage you. If you can afford the low miles then go for it. They take good care of their equipment. Treat you with respect. Before I quit they were talking about putting Direct TV in all the trucks also. Good Luck to ya

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.