A few questions

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by WYWH, May 13, 2013.

1. WYWH

WYWH Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Mississippi
    1. Can you drive to orientation? If so, is there a place to park your car? Is it best just to ride the hound?

2. How do you keep food costs down? What are some ways of cooking in the truck when schneider doesn't allow inverters?

3. How are you combating the new ambient sensor? I was optimistic about Schneider installing APUs (that's what the website claimed) until I attended a FB recruiting chat the other day and the Schneider representative claimed that through field testing they found that APUs were no good. How do you keep cool?

4. Are there many female trainers? I do not mind having a male trainer, but am interested in some of the specific lifestyle challenges of female drivers.

5. What's the worst place you've ever been to (hardest dock, worst city to drive, most dangerous area, etc)?

6. Are there any other companies you would recommend for a newbie starting out? I chose Schneider because a lot of old hands recommended them (before the new crap like ambient sensor and so forth), and because they have a tuition reimbursement program.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I think Prime uses APU's. I would worry about how you are going to keep warm in winter and cool in summer while on break. Team trucks don't stop long enough to worry about stuff like that. Do you have a team member ?

WYWH Thanks this.
  4. WYWH

WYWH Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Mississippi
    I tried Prime, but there are women who have been waiting over a year for a female trainer because Prime won't place female trainees with male trainers since that sexual harassment lawsuit. I could probably never drive team. I'm a loner.

5. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Schneider is an excellent company to get your foot in the door of this industry

WYWH Thanks this.
  6. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Prime has started to allow females with male trainers again.

WYWH Thanks this.
  7. WYWH

WYWH Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Mississippi
    Thank you for that info!

8. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Yes you can drive to the OC and you will gas reimbursement. You can park at the hotel and ride over with rest of group. Been out here 17 years or so I guess can't really any place I hate to back into. Do hate heights so going over bridges is a little never racking. Driving in the caves can be interesting challenge or driving I80 in a blizzard can be fun. All tractors are equipped with bunk heaters. SNI will sell a ic a tractor with a apu but not on a company truck. Maintenance is a issue there. Food by a12 volt lunch box or throw a can of Spaghetti O's on a turbo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

9. mma1dp0

mma1dp0 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2013
    So no Air conditioning when you are in the sleeper at night and it is summer??

10. mclass555

mclass555 Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2013
    If the outside temp is over 70* you can idle and have the AC on

11. abn75

abn75 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    You can fool the sensor, with in certain temp ranges. Also some of the newer trucks have EPU's installed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.