A good company for a change........

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Charliewayne, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Charliewayne

Charliewayne Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Louisville, Ky
    If you are like me, you read enough about the horrors of almost every company out there. I thought it would be nice to share with you information about a good one, in my view.
    If you are looking for a great comp[any to drive for, check out EPES Transport out of Greensboro, NC. I have been with them 2.5 yrs and have very little negative to say about them. You are home every week or weekend if you want, or they have plenty of freight if you want to stay out as well. New drivers lounge just built in G'Boro, clean showers, TV lounge etc., nice facilities outside Richmond as well.
    Most of their terminals are in the NC and Va area, but have yards in Allentown, Memphis, Morristown and Valdosta. They are probably 85% drop & hook and all no touch freight. We pull a lot of Lowes, Home Depot, Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds as well as the obligatory heavy-### paper loads like everyone else. We stay primarily east of the Mississippi, with no forced NYC, Long Island or Canada. However, if you are brave and choose to drive into those "foreign countries", they pay you and extra 125$ per load.
    They also pay you and extra .07 for every load terminating in the northeast, from Pa on up to New England. Thats pretty cool! Also, if you do not have your Hazmat and choose to get it, they will reimburse you the full cost. And as long as you dont "skin" any fenders", you will earn .01 safety bonus every 3 months. I have never missed one. Never missed a Dr's appt either. They are very good about getting you home when you need it.
    Now for the negative, They still pay you short route miles, which bites the big one most of the time, and you can get your truck washed every 90 days-whether it needs it or not! They DO give you routing and fuel stops but are generally pretty good about letting you do your own thing as long as it don't entail driving to PA turnpike from beginning to end. You will eat those toll tickets! Not to say you cannot use toll roads, but just be practical about it.
    All trucks are Qualcomm equipt, all have e-logs now which are really pretty cool once you get the hang of them. I have not noticed any drop in income, but have gotten a heck of a lot more rest since I started them.
    Also, if you live in the Greensboro, Charlotte Winston-Salem, Statesboro, Valdosta or Richmond area, you have a good shot at picking up a city or dedicated position. That's the only reason I would have for ever leaving. I prefer to drive local but don't live anywhere near any of their terminals.
    Well that's about it. Message me if you have any questions and if you decide to apply, let me know and I will give you my name. They pay 750.00 for referrals so obviously I'd appreciate it if you mentioned my name when you call or apply. Safe trucking!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. better late than never

better late than never Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    south jersey
    do they have lease program? i am really looking to get into my own truck again.

4. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is that the company that owns Texas Star Express?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.