A load of tires

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Arch Stanton, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    San Diego
    I buy Yokohama tires for all my trucks and run them in all positions I have been able to get as many as 3 recaps on a casing too, I'm committed to running them but my dealer is telling me they cannot find trucks to run to southern California with a full load of tires from the warehouse I think they said it was in Mississippi, I'm going to guess that they don't want to pay enough and that the load and unload times are too long.
    What do they need to do or pay to get somebody to do the loads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Well, what would it take for you to run from Southern CA, to MS and back with a load of tires? My guess would be, what it takes for you to do it, that is what others would need also.(just a hunch)

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I would want 4.80 per loaded hub mile..500.00 for lumper fees and a 1000.00 surcharge.. because it's going to Comieforna

ProfessionalNoticer and jbatmick Thank this.
  5. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I think your tire dealer is just making excuses.

Diesel Dave and Opendeckin Thank this.
  6. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thats BS. Loads going west, especially to SoCal are cheap by today’s standards (bellow 2 per mile) and dont spend much time on the load boards.

7. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    San Diego
    I don't leave the Wonderfull high tax state of Komifornia and don't run vans so not my kind of work thats why I ask.
    I have been buying from this dealer for more than 20 years and the sales guy Jim even longer so making excuses is not likely.
    From what Catmando is saying I assume you are going to spend the most of a day hand unloading tires is it the same when loading ? does it take all day to stack a 53.
    I thought if somebody wanted this load I can put you in contact with somebody who cares could be a regular thing

8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    It is in West Point, MS. Suggest to him he contact; Royal Truckling Company, next left past Yokes
    plant entrance road off US 45Alt.. Billy Millican (owner) will be glad to price him a load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.