A misconception I had regarding "Seeing the Country"

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by PineyRider, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Moped, Ruckus or Vespa perhaps?

Now if you really want to be trick, see if you can figure a way to use the same motor for your APU!

Jeeze there's gotta be a market for a combination HVAC/APU/lightweight motorscooter out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ReallyRotten

ReallyRotten Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Indianapolis,IN
    It always took me 3 days to get across Nevada...

4. Mud Dog

Mud Dog Tattooed & Insane - Forum Sparkler

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky

Wal mart you can usually get away with parking just talk with management, be very nice and polite, but Sams, good luck. I done dedicated wm/sams for 8 months only sams i was allowed to park was in lebanon, tn.

5. Mud Dog

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
    There a truck pull-off and small dinner 100 yrds from where I took this. Veterans Overlook, Morristown, TN on US 25E. to me this is sight seeing, but if you mean tourist attractions, theres ways just be creative

[​IMG]

mustang970 Thanks this.
  6. Mud Dog

Dec 8, 2009
    Devil's Land, kentucky
  7. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    Saw a guy one time that had a Segway loaded behind the sleeper.

He parked at the scale lot for a break, dropped the segway, and took off down the shoulder of the highway!

I have seen lots of bicycles, and even a few motorcycles or mini-bikes.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Segway? Wow!!! Must be one of dem fancy truckers!

9. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    So funny you said that since for years I always wondered why sometimes when I need to take a main road which passes through a bad area downtown, I would see normal looking guys out in the middle of a really bad area and wondered what the heck they were doing out there. Now I realize that they are truck drivers who do not realize that they are walking down crime central. Especially since the streets look like normal old industrial areas.

Mud Dog and PineyRider Thank this.
  10. PineyRider

PineyRider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Williamstown NJ
    I've never noticed SO MANY "No Truckers/ No Overnight parking allowed" signs as I do now. Same old story, They want their freight delivered but then they just want us to go away like we are supposed to magically dissapear when it's time to shut down for the night.

But on the other hand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I parked one night in an abandoned "El Cheapo" fuel stop. I couldn't believe how other truckers left that parking lot. There were 55 gallon drum sized garbage cans with mountains of trash piled around them, It's obvious no one works there to empty them so why throw your trash there (because you're lazy). I guess it's too far to walk for some of these fat slobs to go 50 feet across the street and use the T/A's dumpster. Piss bottles thrown everywhere. It was an unbelievable sight. It's no wonder why everyone bans us from parking in their lots.

mustang970 Thanks this.
  11. GambitRider

GambitRider Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Wal mart DCs used to have overnight parking but, too many complaints of truckers dumping put an end to that. For those that litter I hope your steer tires blow simultaneously.

Nice summer swimming... I 40 exit #1 .. Colorado River . Park just before topock 66. Topock 66 has really good food too.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.