A New Fleet Manager

Discussion in 'Werner' started by cornhusker55, Nov 16, 2015.

1. cornhusker55

cornhusker55 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Agreed. I had a driver get a nice load today only to blow by their trailer pick up(because there were 6 other tractors waiting) by 200 miles and send in asking for a trailer... only to be told that's the only place where we had trailers coming in at. Major confusion. Respect is key for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I can get behind a truck on the highway and tell if he is a professional or a wanna be.

mountaingote Thanks this.
  4. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    LMAO! And pesto bismal

5. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Guy I worked with had a gallon jar of Rolaids on his desk and ate em like candy all day long, along with his coffee and cigarettes.

6. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    Here's a thought... set a standard for ALL customers. Enough of this "we don't pay detention for them" b.s. Even if the customer doesn't pay it, you make WAY more than enough on that $3/mi load the driver gets 28¢ of to fork out $10/hr for however long it takes! If a driver is still stuck after 8 hours, send them to a hotel room or give them a decent layover pay. $50/day = $1500/mo. Nobody with a family can live on that. How about $200/day. It wouldn't take many of those to get the bean counters down the necks of these sorry shippers/receivers to get us out of there. I spent almost 3 hours waiting on an empty trailer at a drop and hook yesterday, and still bobtailed 50 miles to get one. That should have been detention from the first minute. We are contracted to drop and hook, with specific instructions to NOT enter the building. There should be empty trailers awaiting our arrival and if not, automatic detention from the arrival call until we do get one. When I left there was still an O/O who was there first waiting for a trailer and none in the doors getting unloaded.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.