A Possible Unintended Consequence Of CARB '14 Regs....

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Working Class Patriot, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    They can post a "No Engine Brake" law on a city road....But they can't enforce it on a State or Federal highway.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    When the long bow was invented, smart militias and smart warriors realized they had to change tactics. The way you trucked in California a few short years ago no longer work. The game changed.

I acknowledge California's courage on CARB. Many thought it would never happen. The Air Resources Board said it would and has. They made some adjustments, gave some extensions. Those extensions are fast running out. If you bet the hue and outcry would turn it back, think again.

You'll have your short bow in one hand, lots of arrows from long bows stuck all over you. Oops.

4. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Apparently you haven't come down the grade into Vail, eh? Prohibits unmuffled engine brakes. Where abuse occurs, effective regulation happens at the necessary level, sometimes takes time and effort to overcome opposition.

If you're too noisy, expect enforcement. Some out here (my place) flaunt it. Tick. Tick. Tick.

5. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I run Vail all of the time....I also run down through Raton, NM....They think they can ban the use of engine brakes on a 6% grade?.....:biggrin_25526::biggrin_2559::biggrin_25523:

6. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Hopefully you have a well-muffled engine brake. Then you should be fine.

If not, you're back to tick, tick, tick.

Kinda like driving on bad tires and brakes.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

/Sun just came out. Maybe I can get some work done outside today. Yesterday was dark, windy and wet. Tornado watch weather. Better today.

7. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I have a newer rig.....Hence the BS EGR/DPF crap........
    You have heard of the old saying that "A boat is a 'hole-in-the-water'..." before?

A CARB compliant rig is "Hole-In-The-Road".......:biggrin_25510:

Lone Ranger 13 Thanks this.
  8. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    We have "Tornadoes" in Cali too....They're called "CARB"....."The Cali Legislature" and...."Governor Moonbeam".....And all of them like a tornado....Are hellbent on destroying everything they touch...

9. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Obviously we disagree on that! : 0)

Governor MoonBeam's back, yes. Arnold didn't get Cali all fixed, apparently.

(I voted for Arnold, though, to get rid of Gray Davis. Was a computer guy out in the Coachella Valley back then. Bought 3.84 acres here with garage, well, mobile home for less than a down payment back there. Own it free and clear. Slower speed of life. Different issues. Totally different cost-of-living!)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    California has a pollution problem, or at least the basin area does, I get that, my biggest problem with CARB was that they used INACCURATE data, gleaned from BOGUS reports, gathered from BIASED sources, that was put together and presented by UNQUALIFIED personnel, that led to UNPRECEDENTED laws, that truck engine manufactures were UNPREPARED for.

Working Class Patriot Thanks this.
  11. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    But...but...but STAN!!! *tears well up* It was for the children!

/sarc

KeithT1967, 25(2)+2 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.