A preventable "incident" on my PSP....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by drivingmissdaisy, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well maybe no lawyer can defend it, but a lawyer can charge him for his time......i needed a lawyer here for personal business, it cost me $250.00 per hour.

they don;t work for free, and if they got the time, they got the time clock........

truckdriver31, x1Heavy, ZVar and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    True. That’s why I tried to explain he would lose. No sense in wasting money

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I don't get the whole "gonna hire a lawyer and fight this" part. I'm not going to Express my opinion on accountability; that's been covered very well.

This is one incident. Is not worth this much discussion, much less a legal fight.

It's trucking. #### happens. Companies understand that. This one incident won't stop you from getting hired. If you think it's stopping you from getting a job, my guess is you're overlooking something else.

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    people feel the need to hire a lawyer (if they ever really do) to get them out of a jam in which they wish to not accept responsibility for thier actions.

yes, crap happens in this business for sure, but today, there are more cameras around than back when i started. it's kinda difficult to hide anything anymore. sure it was dark, but IF a camera caught anything, in the daytime, they got the offending trailer number and from there, easy peasy as to who and why and what happened.

he can face hit and run charges, leaving the scene of an accident with property damages (the trailer being the property) . really all depends on how the company wants to handle this.

truckdriver31 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, a waste of money to him, a "cha-ching" to the lawyers...many people make me laugh at times like this, how about you..????

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    That's simply Billy Bigriger talk for "I screwed up, got in trouble for it, and mommy isn't around to hold my hand and tell me the big bad world is picking on my little Billy."

8. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I think you got the threads confused?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    The exact same way you check the other three wheel positions. It’s not rocket science, you didn’t bother to look in your mirrors after the initial tire check to the point of blowing two tires. How long were they smoking as you were going down the interstate?

take some personal responsibility, you messed up the company equipment.

10. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Very funny Especially on something trivial.

11. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Truck had an air leak since when? Why wasn't it taken care of in a timely manner? (Questions your boss should have asked you then)

truckdriver31 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.