A&R Logistics Charlotte Terminal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by big K, Sep 30, 2018.

1. wideload528

wideload528 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Just wondering about how it all goes out there.
    I start training in a few weeks.
    Gonna do the Regional deal and would like to get any input anyone has to say ....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Which terminal?

4. wideload528

Oct 10, 2018
  5. wideload528

Oct 10, 2018
    Hey big K
    What kinda A&R info do u have for the last few days?????

6. big K

big K Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    Monday. I delivered two loads. First load was a preload to Anderson SC. When I did my pre-trip I noticed that the trailer had no marker lights. I decided since its day time I will run it then take it to the shop when I returned. The TM told me I will get my fitting kit when I returned hmmm. Without a fitting kit I can't load since I don't have the necessary fittings. So off I went. I made it to the I-85sb scale house and my yellow check engine light came on. I'm like wtf. 10 min into my first load, the first trip in this truck and problems. I call breakdown and they told me how to check the flash code. It was 5-5. They said that means I'm good. It must be the intake air actuator valve acting up. They said that happens usually when you're climbing a hill in those old Cat engines. As long as oil pressure and everything looks good I should be fine. I forgot to mention that the ABS light is also on. Anyway I made it to the final checked in and offloaded without any problems. Send in my macro that I'm offloaded and got the next load heading to Mooresville NC preloaded at the yard. I got back to the yard to find out that my load is not there it's still being preloaded. I spoke to the terminal manager about the problems with the truck and he basically said the same thing as break down that it happens with those Cat engines so everything should be fine. You just need to have the shop check my truck out to make sure everything is okay. I was later told that I have to go to Atlanta to start orientation in the morning and I will be given a rental car. Another driver and I would be going. Do I want to leave Monday night or early Tuesday morning? I chose the latter and said I will leave early Tuesday morning. The TM told me after waiting for over an hour for my load to be "pre-loaded" to come with him to pick-up the rental. We went and got it. Its a Dodge minivan. Cool with me more room. Got back to the yard. Was told my load is here and he will have my fitting kit ready when I come back. Okay. Went to Mooresville, offloaded and got back to the yard about 9pm. That was due to the ever going construction on I-77. I scaned in my paperwork and went home. I made contact with the driver that will be going to Atlanta with me. Told him meet at the yard for 4am and off to ATL.
    Tuesday. Got to Atlanta terminal around 8am for the first day of orientation. Got through the first day and we was given a tablet to do pro-trend. Basically watching videos and answering questions. I called the TM about my truck informing him that it has an electrical problem. I tried 3 different trailers and the marker lights don't come on. He said he will have the shop look at it. On the way to the hotel we witnessed a police chase lol. Got to the hotel around 6pm. It is the La Qinta Inn. Not bad I must say. I got a king executive room with a smile.
    Wednesday. The breakfast was ok, continental. Eggs and bacon with sausage gravy ahhh. It hit the spot. We watched more videos and questions. Went over all the paperwork, benefits and macros. By the way they provided lunch. So far so good. More updates to come.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    EuropeanTrucker Thanks this.
  7. wideload528

Oct 10, 2018
    Hey I appreciate all the info!!!
    U know how it is starting a new adventure wondering and worried about things to come.
    Are u local regional or system?
    I asked for Regional and was kinda wondering the radius
    Any info is much appreciated

8. big K

big K Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    I will be local/regional. In that way I can be home most days and weekends. Not sure on the radius but I do know you can ask to run in different areas.

wideload528 Thanks this.
  9. wideload528

Oct 10, 2018
    Sounds good
    Keep me posted
    Thanks alot

10. wideload528

Oct 10, 2018
    Hey big k
    Any new info to tell me???

11. big K

big K Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    After orientation finished on Thursday. We drove back to Charlotte.
    Friday. I loaded and delivered 1 load to Winston Salem. Then per-loaded a load that delivers on Saturday. I asked to do a load on Saturday. The TM asked if I would run a load to Lancaster SC. I said sure. I didn't have enough time to make that load so the TM sent me a message for an am delivery.
    Saturday. I hit the road about 5am. Got to the final and the place is closed. I found a cleaning guy. Told him I have a delivery and he said no one is here. They are closed on weekends now. OMG. He called some lady on the phone and she said to come back on Monday. I sent a message on the Qualcomm. I never got a reply. You have to love Weekend dispatch right. I headed back to Charlotte to grab my other load to Mooresville. After I unloaded and sent in my macros I got a load for Monday to Newton NC. When I got back to the terminal I dropped my empty and grabbed the trailer that I'm to load on Monday. I inspected and blew it down. In that way I can go in and head to the rail yard at 6am when they open to load.
    With 3 days on my own and 5 loads under my belt. I must say I haven't had any problems other than that 1 consignee that is now closed on weekends. Which I need to find out what I'm getting paid for that load. All in all I'm looking to see what my first full week on my own brings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.