A&R logistics ( Decatur Al)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by JGarrick1940, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JGarrick1940

JGarrick1940 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al
    I think it’s time to move on from Schneider tanker division. Put in my app for A&R and talked to the terminal manager and looking to start in the 21st of Jan. Does anyone know much about the Decatur terminal? How’s the shop for maintence ? Does that terminal keep you busy? Basic info would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I talked to them about 18 months ago for a job out of Nashville TN rail yard. Decatur AL is the home terminal for that. I talked to a Decatur driver also. At that time I was told they don't buy new trucks, ever. The driver said they keep the trucks in good shape. The company does not allow inverters. The trucks don't have APUs. Otherwise I liked what I heard from the company. I just don't remember much else.

4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    I know this is about a company position. I looked at them a few years ago and there o/o’s pay is horrible. At least in my opinion but I see guys leased there so somebrmust like it. Hope it works out for you as a company driver.

JGarrick1940 Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Oh, you might also check out Tidewater Transport. They do liquid bulk tankers and bulk tankers but they seem to get new trucks and I've heard good things about them. They are west of AR Logistics, on the same road, on the outside of Decator going toward Florence/Muscle Shoals. I think they have mid-rise Volvos. I think there is a driver for them on the message board. I think his handle is Kevin or Kev. I think TWT does food-grade and chemical plus the dry bulk.

TaterFox Thanks this.
  6. JGarrick1940

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al
    I talked to TWT when I first got out of school( June ‘18) and I was too far. I think they only had a local position open at the time. I’ll try again

I wonder if a&r have refrigerators in the trucks ...

7. Roady87

Roady87 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017
    A&R is a good company as far as new trucks they purchased 75 new trucks last February all for otr drivers you most likely will never get to drive one. As far as the fridge in the trucks you wouldn't get one of those either. They do have em but for only certain drivers. But all and all a good company. I did a short stint of about 4 months until I got a local union gig.

8. JGarrick1940

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al
    Gotcha. I’m not really concerned about having a new truck anywho. Long as it’s not breaking down on me every month, I’m good. I have a love for those long nose Peterbilt anyway. Love seeing those on the road. I’ll just stick to my Coleman electric cooler, should be sufficient enough

9. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    @RevKev

10. JGarrick1940

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al
    Thank you!

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  11. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    That’s a very good terminal to work from.

Pneumatic tanker hauling plastic a hard learning curve. 13-weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.