A Warning about Hendrickson Trucking!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Braveheart, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Braveheart

Braveheart Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Sacramento, Ca
    Hendrickson's latest SCAM :biggrin_25510: Spring 2011
    They have purchased 18-20 brand new 2012 Kenworth trucks, some sleeper birth (single bunk), and some day-cabs.
    The recruiting department will tell you that they have a great program with these new trucks as they are going to be nothing but drop and hook, because these trucks can NOT travel outside the state of California. They will tell you that most teams are getting 5300-5700 miles per week. They need to run these trucks 24/7 and slip seat the truck when a team goes on 34 hour reset.
    Yes I said TEAM! :biggrin_25512:
    I tried that, but when your bouncing down the wonderful union made California HWY's there is NO WAY a person can sleep in the back! Moreover what do you do when your out on I-15 at exit 286 waiting 5-7 hours for another truck coming in from Nevada, with just one sleeper bed? Why Mr. Hendrickson are you forcing people to work under such adverse conditions!!!

Maybe this is Hendrickson's way of being politically correct and this is there way to recruit people into an alternate life style?

The recruiting department said they have so much freight, teams will average 5300-5700 miles per week!:biggrin_25513: WHAT A JOKE!!!
    I just got off the phone with another driver who was told by dispatch that he guarantees him 6000 miles next week running as a team.
    THAT IS SUCH A LIE!!!! :biggrin_25510:
    Our best week (7 days straight) was 3580 miles!!!! In one week running as a team # 0.21 cents per mile = $751.80
    That's only $107 dollars per day and remember these trucks are on the clock 24 /7!!
    That's $4.75 cents per hour!!!

WHY DOES HENDRICKSON TEAM DRIVE THESE NEW TRUCKS?
    THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SINCE!!!

ALSO NOTE: The California State Labor law states that an employee working on a piece scale (Cents per mile) must be compensated for his or her off duty non driving (piece work) time. When your dispatchers get on the phone and tell a driver to rewrite
    their log book and show only the bare minimum of working but not driving hours this is proof that this company is not interested in obeying the DOT laws!! Hendrickson is simply interested in moving as much freight as they can with out compensating there drivers!!! Hendrickson encourages there drivers to falsify there logs, so Mr. Hendrickson would not ever have to pay a driver for sitting and waiting in the truck!!

They have two people working in one truck!
    One solo driver could have accomplished what we got from your inept
    dispatch!!! But I understand your strategy, as being a clever way to rip off and take advantage of your drivers and move your freight!!!

This company is full of lying recruiters who will say anything to get you seated in a truck, then turn you over to a dispatch team that will hang you up at a locations waiting as much as 3-5 hours to get into a dock and unload!! They are all crooks!

These dispatchers and load planners will do everything in their power to keep you out on the road making less than minimum wage! If you don't believe me, I will run the numbers for you! In one week I totaled up all my hours worked to my miles I was paid... $6.89 per hour!!!
    THAT'S IS NOT EVEN MINIMUM WAGE!!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    DutchManaFlyin and StudentOfLife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. StudentOfLife

StudentOfLife Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Florin, Ca
    Wow! That's an interesting prospective to look at the hourly rate the truck is running vs. what the company is paying the drivers! $4.75 Cents Per Hour!!!

I have never thought of that prospective, but your right!
    No wonder Hendrickson has such a HIGH turn over rate!!!

DutchManaFlyin Thanks this.
  4. StudentOfLife

Apr 8, 2011
    Florin, Ca
    Braveheart, did you ever get paid for the orientation class?

5. Braveheart

Braveheart Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Sacramento, Ca
    NO!
    I asked the Payroll person about it and the answer was NO!
    I was told to take that up with the recruiting department!

Each department runs by their own set of whims no one is on the same page and no department know or understands what the other is doing.
    Its almost and good a the government, if you want something screw up turn it over to the government!
    And if you want it really screwed up turn it over to Hendrickson Trucking.

StudentOfLife Thanks this.
  6. StudentOfLife

Apr 8, 2011
    Florin, Ca
    Braveheart, dude OK you got me doing a bunch of research!
    yes reading labor laws and Business ethics codes of conduct!
    Thanks for all the information!!!
    PM me here when you learn anything new!!
    You have my full support!

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You could also say that since there where 2 drivers. That would be 1790 per driver for .42 per mile. Low miles but good mileage rate. Look at the glass half full, not half mty.:biggrin_255:Bet the solo driver is not making .42 a mile to run 1790 in a week.:biggrin_25525:
    My first year OTR I ran teams with 1 bunk. 1 person slept, while the other drove, We only got a hotel if are layover was more then 8hrs. Otherwise you made do with taking turns or crashing on the doghouse.

Never convert OTR pay to hourly pay. It will just depress you. Take the $751.80 divide by 5 and then by 8 and you get almost $18.80 per hr.

8. good for nuthin'

good for nuthin' Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Las Vegas NV
    That is interesting,I never put the pay scale into hours,and Ive been driving for 14 years,it never dawned on me to look at it like that.Probbaly due to the fact that I didn't want to get more depressed about what I get paid already This is a great reminder whay I stay a local.I get that urge to leave and go back to OTR and its stuff like this that stops me.

9. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    It took more math and time than trying to figure out what that crapola out was worth knowing! At least I didn't commit suicide from knowing those depressing numbers!

10. StudentOfLife

Apr 8, 2011
    Florin, Ca
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "NEVER CONVERT OTR PAY TO HOURLY"!?!?
    Sir is your time worth anything???
    Is your time on the road have any value???
    If you think for a moment you're getting .42 cents per mile then you have taken the blue pill (a Matrix reference) and you will only see things from your dispatchers prospective!!!

Oh I get it, The company pays a man to driver their truck from point "A" to Point "B" and for a nice illustration lets say your picking up a load in Mira Loma and your taking it to Sacramento. 380 miles can you do that is 6.5 hours? It would be impossible! but that is how a recruiter and dispatcher will con you into thinking your making $159.60 to drive the load. that would be a rate of $24.55 per hour so you think...
    How long does it take you to get loaded? Are you being compensated for that time? NO! Even if you are going into FedEx dropping a trailer and picking up a trailer by the time you enter the guarded gate to the tim you pull out with your Bills there goes a half hour! you depart at 14:30 and head for Sacramento can you get there in 6.5 hours? NO WAY!!
    You have Traffic the DOT scales and then the Grapevine. Then some where you're going to have to fuel up and get something to eat, I wont go a day without taking a shower I get that my shower comes off of my personal time off duty but did i get compensated for fueling? NO! Did I get compensated for doing a Pre-Trip & Post Trip Inspection of my truck and trailer? NO!!
    By the time I pull into Sacramento it is Midnight and at Hendrickson you have to take your truck through the safety lane that ties up another 15-45 minuets or more are you being compensated for that time? NO!!
    Your hourly rate has plummeted to $16.80 cents That is still some what tolerable as a solo driver!!!
    NOW SPLIT THAT WITH A TEAM DRIVER AND YOUR BARLEY MAKING MINIMUM WAGE!!!!!!!!

11. StudentOfLife

Apr 8, 2011
    Florin, Ca
    My point is these trucking companies are making money hand over fist! And screwing all there drivers!!!!!

U4EA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.