AAA Cooper

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Kstrong86, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Matt1924 I'm glad things are working out on your end, especially you being a combo driver you get to work your trailer the way you want to. Another perk is no matter what; you going to get your hours so thats a blessing brother. As far as the paperwork give it some time you be proficient soon.

Also since you might get downtown, I went to pick up a pup in a narrow street along with trees
    :D 20190821_190634.jpg 20190821_192301.jpg 20190822_074817.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Matt1924 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    That looks fun! Yep, today we’re downtown with streets like that in a twin-screw hooked up to a 48’ w/ a lift gate. Sure wish I had that single axle, but being low guy, I get the leftovers haha! Taking our lunch break now been a rough morning but making do. 5 stops to go and then about the same in pickups hopefully will get them all done today. I’m sitting at about 49 hrs for the week right now so yep, I’m getting those hrs. And be safe out there!

88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  4. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    @Texas_hwy_287 glad things are working out. Yea the dock work sucks especially as a city driver. You have to work the dock and then work some more on your route. More power to you my brother but at least your getting them hours in. We should be rolling in tonight around 2200 at ORL then head out to MDW one more time for the last time and back and that will complete our week. Then next week we start our new bid. Just trying to finish this last week strong and safe. Please be safe guys. Some some pretty nasty accidents. People on their phones mostly and getting into accidents. I don’t know what’s so important on their phones but oh well they have to learn the hard way. Some made it some didn’t make it. Sucks for them but that’s life right. It’s four wheelers and truckers doing it as well. People just don’t get it until they are either dead or they kill someone but if someone kills one of their loved ones because they were doing the same thing then it becomes a big problem. SMH.

Matt1924, 88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  5. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Whats up fellas hope yall doing good. @Matt1924 how you looking so far; hope you getting good hours brother. @Kstrong86 man Im glad your running I10 in my humble opinion is more relaxed. @88 Alpha hope you doing good and getting good miles and hopefully something opens up in the LTL side so you can join us putting more miles backing up.:D

Yall be safe fellas.

Kstrong86, 88 Alpha and Matt1924 Thank this.
  6. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    Oh yeah. Put in about 63hrs this week. Got the good news when I got back at the terminal this afternoon that I've been approved to begin my own route. I'm looking forward to really getting out there. I have made it abundantly clear to all the guys that I've ridden with that I come from a majority flatbed background so my backing skills are not par with what theirs is, but my goal is to not damage anything- and I'll always complete the task safely. That's the best I can do. Thanks for the encouragement from each of you, it has been an intense month or so in getting this ball rolling. Next week and beyond is when I'll really see if I can handle this stuff. I enjoy all the stops and the interacting with many different people each day, that is the true highlight. The work itself is just about the easiest I've ever done, I only have a handful of places that we've been to where I've had to break pallets down and even then it was not that much work.

I look forward to logging on and seeing what you guys are up to and reading the status updates. Please keep them and those pics rolling in! I'll see if I can't sometime next week snap a photo of my new sweet old ride humping a loaded trailer, ha!

Kstrong86, 88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Matt1924 im glad they going to give you a route brother; hope you can share a photo soon of the places you go to and your assigned ride brother. Its nice to hear you making hours brother, as I wrote on a earlier post AAA has the hours Ive seen them rolling late out here in Houston. Have a bless weekend fellas we will catch up next week.

Matt1924, Kstrong86 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @Texas_hwy_287
    Yes sir, I'm staying busy. Will end up with 3170 when I drop the current load tomorrow night. Still checking the AAA website, not much going on in the entire state of Alabama. Maybe it's just my time yet.

@Matt1924
    Congratulations on getting your own route so soon. Seems like you just started with your trainer, so you must have caught on quickly. Since you got the downtown Augusta route, your backing skills will improve drastically. As 287 said, take some pictures as you can.

@Kstrong86
    If I remember right, next week starts your new route. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll be regretting that route as soon as the snow and ice starts (/sarcasm). Just be careful on the Mobile Bay bridge as night and early mornings. It can get extremely foggy on that bridge. Pensacola Bay bridge, not so much, but there have been some bad wrecks on the Mobile Bay bridge.

Have a great weekend, gentlemen.

Matt1924, Kstrong86 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  9. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    @88 Alpha
    Them are some good miles. Keep it going brother. Madison, AL is looking for some dedicated drivers. That’s about 4.5 hours away from Dothan, AL. Doesn’t pay as well P&D and Linehaul but gets your foot in the door but don’t know how far that is from your location.

Next week does start my new route. I won’t be regretting it trust me. I’ve ran it before. It’s a lot better than the Midwest and north east in the winter time but with that being said I won’t be complacent either. Head will be on a swivel at all times lol.

Matt1924, 88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  10. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Whats up fellas hope you had a good weekend, @Kstrong86 this is the week where you going to be rolling on I 10 right. @Matt1924 how you looking this monday, how many stops and pick ups you were given today. @88 Alpha where they you going today. @Matt1924 this is what you need for your downtown route. 20190826_170436.jpg

Matt1924, Kstrong86 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  11. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @Texas_hwy_287 I had a little short one. Macon,Ga to Jacksonville, FL. Late afternoon delivery in south Georgia, then the Macon load wasn't scheduled to be ready until later this afternoon. Deliver in Jacksonville at noon tomorrow. They pulled the parachute on me, guessing cause I had a good week last week.

I'm not complaining, tho. It's part of the game.

Coming down I-75 from Macon, I saw a blue & white AAA sleeper cab. That would normally be @Kstrong86 route, but I think he has finally started his Gulfport run.

@Matt1924 with your city route, do you have to go to Ft. Gordon or the Savannah River nuclear plant? I can imagine those would be real pains in the rear to get on and off of the property.

Matt1924, Kstrong86 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.