AAA Cooper

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Kstrong86, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @Matt1924 is actually driving and working for AAA as a city P&D, hopefully he comes around and give his input.

As far as dock work is easy, everything for the most part is on pallets therefore you shouldn't be touching freight unless it arrived jacked up and it needs to be rearranged.

Take the position as a dock worker and then move up as a driver. You be better off driving for AAA than a otr outfit.

As far as city combo, I can tell ya how its run where I work at which it shouldn't be no different than AAA. I usually work the dock for 3 or 4 hours depending on how much freight, once im done breaking freight I go out with 5 deliveries and start doing pick ups.

Good luck.

Matt1924 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I put in 10.5 hours and drove 204 miles around Southeast Alabama, not a bad start to the week.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Man I’m bad. About checking this thing out. For some reason I’m not getting the notifications anymore. I will have to do some digging to figure it out. You know just driving up and down I-10. It’s pretty boring. But boring is good sometimes. No crazy stuff happens like I dealt with on I-75 going through Atlanta and Chattanooga and Nashville. But then again boring can cause some drivers to get complacent and fall asleep or try stupid stuff so gotta watch for those people. But all is good on my end.

5. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Man im glad to hear you doing good brother, right now im chilling taking my 30 min brake and once im done ill be heading back to the city. 20191001_151116.jpg

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    If you have an opportunity to get on board take it. My guess is you aren’t driving yet because you stated you don’t have any OTR experience and AAA Cooper requires one year experience. They are bringing you on board as a dock worker and will let you drive with a trainer or mentor to get your experience. You will make more money as a dock worker than you will OTR. I can guarantee that and be home everyday. The dock work is very easy. I’m a retired veteran and let me tell you my body is messed up from deployments and the food service and if I can do it anyone can. It’s mostly pallets. A couple of hand freight stuff but that’s slim to none. I’d say 95% of it will be forklift. When I use to work the dock I would do about 4 hours of dock time then go on a run if they had any runs available. Being extra board you gotta earn your way. So sometimes you had a run sometimes you didn’t. Seniority is key in LTL. But I always made sure I worked at least 8 hours a day if I didn’t have a run. I can’t speak on P&D because I never worked it. And don’t plan on ever working it either lol. I know know Nashville use to be in my lane a few months ago and man I wouldn’t want any part of that city lol.

The Shadow, 88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I'm compelled to give y'all an update.

Wednesday was not my best day in trucking. I had just clocked in for my first load of the day and in less than 30 minutes, I was slamming the roll-up door down on the middle finger of my left hand. I severed the tip of it completely off. Had to be transported to the ER in an ambulance.

Orthopedic Surgeon couldn't reattach the tip. It's heavily bandaged and they prescribed Norco for the pain (haven't had to take them yet).

Today, I'm to change the dressing for the first time and I know it's going to be a mangled mess.

I'll be off for a week or so.

8. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry to hear that brother. I hope you get well and have a speedy recovery. Me and my family send our prayers.

88 Alpha and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  9. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Every little bit helps.

Through this incident, I've discovered I work with some really good co-workers and I could not ask for a better project manager.

Even though I didn't make the change to AAA Cooper, I think I made the right choice for myself and for my family.

10. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    As long as you are comfortable with that decision and your family is too that’s all that matters bro.

Texas_hwy_287 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  11. Texas_hwy_287

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @88 Alpha speedy recovery and prayers to you and your family.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.