ABF Freight Conley (Atlanta GA)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jhurle9403, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Fixed that for you

Bob Dobalina and archangelic peon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Irontrucker

Irontrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2018
    NYC
    Are they a part of YRC ?

4. qbertsrevenge

qbertsrevenge Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Metro Atlanta
    Wife is pregnant, can't have a gap in health insurance right now.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Unless it has changed, insurance was from day one if they hire you full time. You won’t find better insurance anywhere than with a Teamster job.

6. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    Lol, not sure why I put Union in there.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No

Irontrucker Thanks this.
  8. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Great writeup! I been driving truck going on 40 yrs now. 20 years long haulin and 20 years LTL. If I could turn the clock back and have another go, why I'd have done 40 YEARS LTL and not bothered with all that wasted time on the road. LTL is the best trucking job hands down when you factor in being paid for everything, hometime, and top-tier benefits for you and your family. It's truckin the way truckin was meant to be!!! And it's only gonna get better: shipments are getting smaller, more online demand for our services, heck even Amazon wants into the freight game! That's steady work for all with top tier wages as far as the eye can see!!!

Welcome to the club !!

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    One more thing to consider........be sure to store up your nuts now....January through March can get slow sometimes. But other than that, you made a good move.

10. jhurle9403

jhurle9403 Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Centre, AL
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I’m glad I could help! One thing I will say to anyone wanting to apply is to try and apply and get hired as soon as you can, especially by the end of April or May. They do a lot of hiring in the summer and this well get you on the seniority board before 8 or 9 other folks at least. I’m not sure when insurance starts, I still on my parents plan in addition to the teamsters so I really didn’t pay attention to when the teamster plan started.

localguy65 Thanks this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Would love to come aboard especially since the local terminal is a 5 minute drive from my house. They only ever advertise part-time positions though. One of the few times I wished I was still living at parent's house with no bills to pay. :(

Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.