ABF layoffs

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TahoeTrucker, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Yup lay offs system wide except for Carlise Pa. As far as I know we have no one on layoff. Will ask my steward today when I see him.

Texas_hwy_287 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's a beloved trope that increasing worker pay causes financial hardships on employers, so they have to change the way they do business. Judy McReynolds never would've agreed to a contract that hurt ABF. All signs point to her hating the union and union employees, so she would've gladly let everyone walk and become a freight brokerage.

Oh. I mean... she's..."really smart." She came from accounting!

I don't think the new contract made them refuse certain freight, I think freight is just hard right now for most companies. Once the economy turns around (which there are promising signs for), ABF will be back rocking and rolling.

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    yeah.....I feel like she (they) just had to wait until the ink dried to do what they were going to do anyway

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's entirely possible. She's been growing the non-union side of ArcBest for YEARS.

McUzi and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.