ABF or FedEx Freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by yankatank, Jan 13, 2019.

1. TruckerFit

TruckerFit Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I would go with fedex freight city driver

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Ok in their defense Saia hasn't gone to that extreme lol ,they have designated smoking areas at each terminal, also they mention nothing of smoking in your POV.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  4. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    So can yankatank vape in a ABF or FXF rig or not, no one has answered that question haha.

yankatank and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Maybe not, but they’re not far from it.

USMC 3531 and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    as far as ABF goes, IF you get a driver position, I understood CLEARLY you're on call 24/7 until you move up the board. The 'part-time' aspect of it sounds like you'd be having no choice in getting another job that'll make ends 'meet'...I'd count on getting a 'full time job' until a driver position comes up. Also, ALOT of guys have told me, that this is is slow time for LTL and if nothing, wait until March/April before re-applying OR applying for anything that isn't open, yet. My take would be go with FXF. Sure you'll have to do dock work, along with driving, but dock work will actually benefit your health more than just sitting around in the truck, or dispatch waiting on a trailer to get loaded. This is why I'm looking more and more at FXF. However, I haven't heard from the HM/TM yet, and it's coming up to a week, so I'm thinking maybe he/she doesn't like that dropped trailer 4 years ago? Time will tell...as far as ABF goes, it's only been a week...he said give 3-4 weeks IF I hear something from them...if not, re-apply in 2 months. I know ABF is working on my app as I've been updated from them....so only time will tell, again.

Alegria123 Thanks this.
  7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    as far as FXF and ABF goes, yes I can....just not OD! haha

USMC 3531 Thanks this.
  8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    do you work for SAIA or did? Just curious....I was going to apply there, don't mind the camera on me, but EVERYTHING/ONE has said the people watching those cameras 'tattle tell' like crazy with those things! That is what started the whole 'negative aspect' of the cameras on you.

SilverBulletBand Thanks this.
  9. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Oh you won't get a argument from me on that, and I won't cheerlead for them either, everyone I talk to about Saia that ask me about them I simply say Saia isn't for everyone but it does work for me at this point and time, I do see good company here and with some changes it could be great, I am a optimist and hoping that maybe there will be some changes for the better eventually.

SilverBulletBand Thanks this.
  10. Alegria123

Alegria123 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Houston tx
    The potential Fedex city Driver job is in a brand new location just built. Opens at the end of Jan. So this is why it makes it more attractive. Thank u

11. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Cool, you got a verdict yet on which way you are going to go, or still to soon yet? I have no insight for you on either company, but I was impressed with jhurles review on ABF, it made me want to work there after reading it, however they really don't hire that much in my region and when they do it's for dock/combo local usually.

yankatank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.