Abf

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lancer 1, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd be very interested in knowing which companies are doing that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    ABF,FEDEX, XPO, and others, some moved their linehaul out of ca.

4. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I was told Saia and Fed Ex freight specifically, the Saia info is from a friend of mine who runs line for them out of Fresno, the Fed Ex freight I can't really confirm because it was word of mouth, I haven't heard it from a Fed Ex Freight employee, not saying all of them have done it just what I was told, I can tell you that my previous employer (Oak Harbor) made changes to our pay when the new Cali labor laws came out, they left it as per mile but lowered it 2 cents and then implemented a system into the qualcoms where besides entering fueling and drop and hooks like we always did, we started entering pretrips and breaks that we were payed for, that way they could show the state that we were payed for those things, the pay on the breaks and pretrips made up the difference of the 2 cent reduction.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I was always under the impression that ABF was the place to work for when I was in LTL, as far as the casual to full time hiring process in my experience it sucked, I understood it because it was a way of the company to get freight moved with part timers that they didn't have to give benefits to, however I felt that it created a negative work environment because on one hand you had the casuals busting their butts and pissed off wondering if they ever were going to make it to full time, and then you had full timers who felt annomossity towards the casuals because in a sense they took work away from them especially overtime, atleast thats what I observed when I was a casual at a carrier I worked for at one time, if ABF is adopting a Conway/XPO business model as was stated by one poster, if that model includes hiring people on full time with benefits in 60 days why is that such a bad thing? The new employees can pay their so called dues by working on the extra boards and stuff, their incentive for staying will be the benefits and knowing they are full time and as they gain senority they will be able to bid better runs/routes whatever the case may be, non union LTL carriers are already doing this and it seems to work for the most part.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    ABF is paying me thats all that matters.

i have learned the game and worked for the Best.

ARC BEST

thats why your on the road and jody makes that visit .................

i only witnessed older drivers sitting in break room.Averaged 1200 to 1300 dollars weekly buddy

100 PERCENT Right

your 100 percent correct

black forget it lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  7. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    It took me 3 months to get hired on. Best job I ever had.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Good luck to you! God bless you and your family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yucky TEAM tractor.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    it better be at 63 mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.