About to pull the trigger on Pride Transport. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by RubberDuck473, May 11, 2023.

1. RubberDuck473

RubberDuck473 Light Load Member

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    I should be testing out to get my CDL back sometime next week. Already dropped an app in with Pride, will be talking to their recruiter this afternoon. I've dug up as much on here as I can, but it's all old news. I know @Snowshoes works there in the office, was just wondering if anyone else has had any recent dealings with them, preferably from a drivers perspective. Thanks

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    My brother drove for them for a little while before he ventured off to law school. He said they were the best company he ever worked for. He made what was good money to him. I think like 800-1000 a week, drove a nice truck. He never really complained about them much at all. It was some time ago though that he worked there. Maybe 6 years ago, or close to it.

4. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Be weary of that "teaming" in training. Most times that is a frickin nightmare!

cuzzin it and Metalicious Thank this.
  5. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    ^^ what he said, too. Don't know about everyone else but I cannot sleep with someone else driving, even if its someone I know can drive.

6. RubberDuck473

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    Well, in my case, being a former driver, I should qualify for their "refresher" program. Out with a trainer for 1 week, no teaming.

7. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Buddy went there after Roads West got bought out. He liked it.... That was 05 or 06 so who knows how it is now, since nothing is really the same now

8. RubberDuck473

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    Well, talked to 2 recruiters at lunch today. Brief breakdown goes like this...

Base pay (for me and my experience) $.59/mile
    All miles pay minimum this much, shorter runs net upwards of $.75/mile.
    They *do* use fuel solutions, but I can make that work in my favor
    Hometime isn't going to be what it was with Magnum. They still use the old "1 day off for 7 days out" method. Technically, they said 1.5 days off per 7 out, but it's whatever. I don't need weeks off at a time right now anyway.
    Breakdown/detention/layover/blah blah is all about average.
    I did ask them how consistent their freight is right now, they said they haven't had to resort to broker loads yet, which tells me either they're lying or they've got a solid customer base and are doing ok during this economic downturn.
    And last, but not least, the best news I've heard in a while...seeing as how a portion of my 5 years experience falls within the past 5 years...they won't require me to have to go out with a trainer unless I actually want to! I could just roll on out after orientation if I so desired. Now I've gotta decide if I should take that week with a trainer or not lol.

Will post more when I find out more.

bryan21384, Vic Firth and ducnut Thank this.
  9. Born2win

Born2win Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2022
    F that going out with trainer.. you be fine

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Pride looks the part. I had a friend that worked for them early in his career. He got into an accident on the Indiana Turnpike during a snowstorm and they let him go, otherwise he would have stayed there. They run a lot of preloads out of Hershey locations in Palmyra, PA and Ogden, UT. They have Ogden on lockdown.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.