? about training

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by .honeybadger., Oct 29, 2012.

1. TIGGER101

TIGGER101 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    What is their procedure for drivers that have over 5 years OTR experience? I have heard they require every driver that comes on board to go out for 5 weeks with a trainer no matter their experience level.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    You will be required to go out with a trainer, but if it is recent experience it will probably be shortened. Whatever you agree on, get it in writting !!

4. pharrari

pharrari Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    Do they just stick you with anyone, as in if you don't want to pair up with someone who is a smoker?

5. golfnut1103

golfnut1103 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Hillsboro, OR
    They put smokers with smokers. Non-smokers with non-smokers.

pharrari Thanks this.
  6. pharrari

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    I heard the reefer is loud and hard to sleep with. Is that true?

7. BigTruckChuck

BigTruckChuck Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Dallas
    If you cant sleep because of the reefer you might wanna choose a different profession.

8. pharrari

Nov 21, 2012
    Sanford,FL
    I just asked for an opinion. I'm not looking to dodge this career. I wish you people who are on here would stop saying "well if you don't like it then find a new career"

I'm pretty sure we as an individual can make that decision on our own. Everyone has different comfort zones. Some people can knock out sleep in noise, some cant. Just asking for opinion here.

9. BigTruckChuck

BigTruckChuck Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Dallas
    Its not OMG I can't sleep loud. But if you have trouble sleeping in general it might bother you. And sleeping is pretty important in this job so if you don't like it then find a new career.

10. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    It's not just the reefer, its the truck next to you idling, its the reefer on the other side. Lots of ambient noise.

pharrari Thanks this.
  11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Noise around you isn't limited to just "reefer" side. When parked next to other trucks, you hear all the noises they put out. Screeching fan clutches, air valves popping off constantly, reefers with old burnt out mufflers, reefers low on freon tring to keep a load cool and running high speed all the time, and idiot drivers who think they need to speed thru the truck stop and back off so their Jake can make the maximum noise.
    Most new reefer units make more vibration than noise. Even the APU under the truck make more vibration than noise. You get used to the vibration and the noise. If you find you are having trouble sleeping, get ear plugs.
    If you stay with it for a while, you get so accustomed to the reefer, you will wake up when it doesn't do what it is progammed to do.

pharrari Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.