AC/Heater blower issues?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by tnpete, Aug 14, 2017.

1. axftlogistics

axftlogistics Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I checked my fuse for my ac motor. The only thing I could find referring to ac in my fuse panel. It had a regular 30a fuse the green one. I changed it out to a 30a maxi fuse and it seems as though that has fixed he issue. I'm hoping anyhow, everything seems to be blowing harder and colder.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Mine has all Max fuse's now. And the 30 amp for the ac was well past working. It was kicking out with just a small load. Also was not letting the blower blow full speed. After changing that out for a new one. It now blows hard and does not kick out.
    Read where lots of people were having issues with the blower not blowing hard. And I almost bet there issue is the same. Not getting full power, and that's the issue.
    Pete

4. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    One other issue to think about or check is the small harness that goes from the fan switch, i change the resistor a few times but issue kept coming back, when the fan switch went bad i noticed the plug going into the switch melted so bad it melted the area where the switch is mounted, had to buy a new control box and a new harness.
    The harness is only about 9" long with a seperate white wire, this is on a 99 W900.

wrongwaytommy Thanks this.
  5. delta xpress

delta xpress Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2013
    ole miss
    2005 W900L have any of you had a problem with the A/C blowing cold in the front and hot in the sleeper bunk? Replaced the bunk expansion valve turned off the water valves even tryed clamping off the water line's to the bunk still blows hot air in the bunk any ideas what I'm missing something here? Oh and the bunk condenser one sides cold the others hot by the bunk fan Help me out here yall

6. Nless81

Nless81 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2015
    West Texas
    What was your issue with the bunk ac not working?

7. Robert Stoddard

Robert Stoddard Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Good evening I have a 2019 western star I changed out the resister, And the motor is spinning freely no signs of anything debris as soon as I’m on it back up in the vehicle the vehicle AC motor is making a knocking sound while operating any insight

8. Robert Stoddard

Oct 6, 2019
    I have a 2019 western star I replace the resistor on the AC blower motor mounted Back in the vehicle vehicle is good for a couple hours but as soon as 45 hours ago knocking sound starts again any help with this would be awesome what should I do once I replace the motor and pulled it out and spend freely no issues with anything could this be the motor itself

9. Robert Stoddard

Oct 6, 2019
    Does anybody have a picture of the relay for 2019 western star AC motor trying to verify which one it is I replaced the resister but I’m not sure which one is the relay I have two relays underneath the driver seat one feels hot one does not feel hot trying to see if that could be an issue thank you

10. Wojciech

Wojciech Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I have a similar issue on a t680. Sleeper blower kicks in for few seconds and then stops. And sometimes the relay switch on the fuse board under the bunk goes crazy clicking like 4 times per second. Checked all the fuses, under the hood, under the steering wheel, and under the bunk everything is fine. Even tried swapping the relays with one next to it since they're identical, still same problem. Bunk doesn't blow and relay is going nuts. Someone help...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.