AC relay location

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by me myself and I, Jun 13, 2017.

1. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    On '13 Cascadia with DD 15. Not in glove compartment. There is one relay in engine compartment but I don't know what's it for. Anybody can enlightenment me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    there is no relay usually from my knowledge this is controlled by sam cab and also your hvac controler, usually thats the problem when a/c is fully charged and all sensors working properly if you have dagnostic link you can check a/c request and what is happening in the a/c system as far as sensors and everything go.

4. me myself and I

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    It stopped working. I can't get clutch to engage so I can't even try add some gas

5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Find the low pressure switch,disconnect and use jumper wire to disable the switch temporarily..this is a kenworth version.

Attached Files:

6. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    can't do anything with pressure switch on cascadia, run jumpers from alt to ac and feed it power and ground this will make it run. just go directly to compressor. this will also help you check if you have a charge issue or electrical issue. just for ####s and giggles check your condenser very notorious for leaking on cascadias.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  7. me myself and I

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    Well, I'm at dealer needing new compressor. Clutch won't engage. 1k out of my packet

8. Verdel

Verdel Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Cascadia SAM Chassis....... drive this truck to the river. I was a fan of Freightliner once, but now I am going Volvo all the way.....

The only good Cascadia is the Glider one, because has the custom harness, no SAM Cab CRAB...

9. me myself and I

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    It was a compressor not sam

10. Brad1218

Brad1218 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I have a 2018 cascadia, the air conditioning has been acting strange, first replaced the high pressure switch that wasn’t the problem now the compressor and clutch both replaced, that didn’t fix problem. The air works great until you hit a bump and then it goes out and the fan clutch engages and runs for several mins.

11. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    You prob have a loose connection somewhere, prob by the ac compressor assy, check the compressor connection pins and high pressure sensor pins.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.