Ac stopped working

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rob720, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    No, it's a requirement. I couldn't drive without proper sleep, and I sure can't sleep hot.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Well that's just like you Dave....blowing a lot of hot air around.......:D

650cat425 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And years ago a truck had aerodynamics that allowed that. In modern trucks, I can have the window down on the expressway and barely feel wind blowing. In the same vein, way too many sleepers don't even have a vent windows for a fan to pull air in. Not that I would want to be pulling in the piss soaked air of most truck stops.

TravR1, 650cat425 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. Allinone

Allinone Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2020
    take it to a good mechanic

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. thejudges69

thejudges69 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Better brush up on the laws bud. Air conditioning is NOT a requirement by law.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Proper sleep and rest is. Do you drive sleep deprived? I never said it was a law. I said I would not tolerate it.

8. thejudges69

thejudges69 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2015
    No you said "it's a requirement." It is not a requirement in terms of the law. I sleep without air and I'm not deprived or tired. I never idle unless it's in single digits and thats only to keep fuel and air moving in the system.

I keep forgetting this new era of drivers isn't like the old school. They are the reason most trucks are automatics anymore. It's all can't can't can't or won't won't won't. Cry us a river already.

650cat425 and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Everyone is different. While I agree with your old school ideals, I won’t work without ac. But like you, I also own my truck. So my decision on how I want to work. I just can’t take the heat. Never have been able to, makes me sick. Heat stroke sick. So when my ac goes down, so does my truck till it’s fixed. Doesn’t make me less “old school” than anyone else.

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    If you can't sleep then it's a safety issue. People are used to sleeping with AC and that's just the way it is.

You can adapt to living without an AC but on the road driving a truck isn't the place to do that.

Your truck has an AC and it might even be under warranty, just get the #### thing fixed.

My truck was in the shop 4 times over the AC and interior comfort not working. Driving and sleeping in Pheonix wasn't fun.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Sleeping with the windows down just isnt a good idea anyway. Especially if you end up parked in an urban area somewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.