Accidents

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rokue, Nov 23, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    maybe u should start to pay attention for no truck signs it could mean a major catastrophy if u enter a no truck route.signs are there if u just look.I use to deliver to the east coast a lot and never entered a no trk route.call the customer if you have to.especially out in in east no trk signs are not there for decoration.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    I am making no comment on the OP's story.

That said, it kind of tickles me how these "newbie runs over (insert appropriate object here)" threads go:

1. Ah, it's OK, just don't ever do it again!!!!!!

2. Oh, you miserable human being!! You should never leave the house, you are obviously a danger to everyone within 200 miles of a paved road!! Go back to bagging french fries!!!!

4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Probably referring to is dot bar on back of trailer

5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Only thing I'll add, these things are happen more frequently do to lack of sufficient training

6. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I am in Jersey right now, the State I hate coming to most, just finished my first delivery, on the way to the second.

I am very slow and deliberate in my maneuvers in this State, especially in the North.

Treat the entire northern half like you are in a Major city, because you are. Slow down and get out and look. Yes people will get annoyed, they will yell, beep their horns etc... Hi once you deliver and leave, you will never see those fine folks again. Don't worry about them, take your time and get it right.

Two preventable that fast does not look good. Get some time and distance and some more experience before you worry about the next job.

7. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    By the time you clear a path on your first trip through Chicago it should be easier for me on my next run up there (if I can stay off the no-truck routes!!).

J/k man :)

I hope you aren't the guy that asked me what I thought about driving in NJ on that swap I did in OH....

8. PaganDevil

PaganDevil Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2015
    My advice to you is to slow your roll. Get out and look around before you back up, every single time. Pay attention ahead of you to all the signs. Don't be afraid to call the local cops to help you out. Watch the mirrors on your turns.
    Like was said, with two preventable in a short time, you're on the short list. Watch your self.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Didn't read all the comments, but who the hell sends rookie to Jersey on the first week?

10. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Jersey isn't any different than any other big urban area....

XZRF4, GenericUserName and Longarm Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    companies that have a poor training program.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.