Accidents

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rokue, Nov 23, 2015.

1. PayCheck

PayCheck Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    ca
    The same kind that sends a rookie to sanfransisco in the first week. These mega fleet dispatchers are brain dead.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chris887

chris887 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    Man, you really hate chicago, don't you

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Hick Thanks this.
  4. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    I really hate Chicago.

XZRF4 Thanks this.
  5. chris887

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    That's what I meant, typo. I drive chicago every day, it's not bad after you get used to it. But I'm paid hourly so I don't mind sitting in traffic.

6. GenericUserName

GenericUserName Road Train Member

May 17, 2014
    Santa Monica, CA
    i went to new jersey one of the the very first weeks i started driving. Whats the problem?

XZRF4 Thanks this.
  7. chris887

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    I started local right out of school. I did a couple days in the suburbs then went to downtown chicago in the snow my first week, no problem.

8. PaganDevil

PaganDevil Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2015
    If a new driver is properly trained, and I don't mean this bs 1,2,3 week training crap they do now, there is no reason to worry about a driver going any place. By the time they get out of a real training program, they should be prepared for, and able to deal with, the situations that tend to arise in urban areas

9. chris887

Nov 11, 2015
    chicago
    I went to a basic 160 hr cdl school, and had no training at all after that, and I'm doing just fine running the chicago area everyday, downtown at least 3 days a weeks.

tinytim Thanks this.
  10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Y
    You wouldn't have been that container going 78 w/b doing 45 in a 65 from nj scale to pa 33? Would you? I thought what an #######. Why is he on the road crawling. Literally I thought all containers drive fast and were ########. This guy drove slow and was an #######

11. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    Traffic isn't my big problem with Chicago. You get that in all the large cities. But there's just something about laid out, from the highways to the inner streets, that just doesn't click with me. The tight turns and the way people drive with an attitude annoys me.

My last trip up there I saw a car flipping his lights and giving the finger to a gravel truck who was in the left lane. The truck driver stopped and was getting out right in the middle of the road to have a friendly chat with his new buddy... but I didn't get to see the outcome of that.

It is what it is. Chicago ain't for me.

XZRF4 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.