Accidents...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Motleyman, Jul 2, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ha.

At one time in the industry Swift was a abomination. I hope I spelled that right. I have witnessed over and over the all consuming rage that tinged my world with pink trying to get through a traffic abscess created by a slow swift.

I just want everyone to roll at 70, lightest gross, empty ones ahead and the heavy loads keep up best they can but everyone doing 70 on a 70 signed road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Erickcee

Erickcee Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    @Chinatown I'm currently talking to a Schneider recruiter. When I applied I never had an accident. Until I did my road test for my CDL. I hit a car parked in red as I was leaving the DMV lot. I did not receive a ticket and police did not show. Later on the week a CHP called me and determined I was at fault. Do you think this will effect my chances with Schneider? I'm in LA by the way

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe Schneider will care about this. If they don't hire you, plenty of other companies will.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If the car was illegally parked what was the reason for finding you at fault ?

6. Erickcee

Erickcee Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    According to the highway patrol anytime you hit a parked car you're at fault. Didn't make sense to me either. If that's the case i should leave my car parked in the middle of the road and when someone hits, i cash in on that insurance money

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  7. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Sometimes tickets dont show up on your dvr.....when i went to school i told them i had a street racing ticket along with a 118 in a 55.....sooo i thought that would screw me on getting my cdl....went to the dmv...and neitherrrrrr was on my dvr......so they said dont ask dont tell...which i firmly believe in haha

8. Erickcee

Erickcee Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Theirs just always that chance that if they do find out you lose your job. But I don't know I'm new to the industry and still learning

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    It's only common sense, if you hit anything regardless where it's park, of course it's your fault. You hitting that vehicle shows your not ready. "GOAL". So tell me something, if someone is parked in the red(illegally parked) in front of you, does that give you the right to hit his vehicle and say it wasn't your fault ? I mean like really ? I know it's an accident but now the cheerleaders are saying it shouldn't be your fault......just WOW......there are a lot of stupid driving these day and I'm not referring to you, just saying don't be one of them and say, well, they shouldn't of been there cuz the LEO is gonna say, "but you still hit vehicles" . Btw, don't be down on yourself, admit it, pay the consequences, learned from it and move on. They will over jobs that will pick you up.

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If the car was parked legally would this have happened? I can see finding both at fault. This happens to be my what I am a expert at.

11. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    So it's ok to hit an illegally parked vehicle is what your saying. So where does "GOAL" come in the picture.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.