Admiral Merchants Motor Freight

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by fuelmanjr, Mar 20, 2018.

1. fuelmanjr

fuelmanjr Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Just got my approval, just wondering how’s company overall, I’m from SC, hows the freight around the area..thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fuelmanjr

fuelmanjr Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Any info? Thanks

mecho57 Thanks this.
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
  5. CactusJay

CactusJay Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Hey I'm here, I just found your thread. I run with Admiral, love them. They have freight everywhere. Basically our agents are good at going out to find lucrative freight for us, but if they can't find any you can always grab broker freight. I use Internet Truck Stop if our agents don't have any good shippers with loads in your area. Admiral is really hands-off, they won't hassle you and let you run however you want. My buddy says they're as close as you can get to being a true solo owner-operator with your own authority, without the troubles of running your own authority. I'm really happy over here. If you have questions, I'd be happy to help...

johnnyboggs, JonJon78, nel4you and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Speed_Drums

Dec 26, 2014
    Does Admiral have freight for flats or steps equipped with a Conestoga?

P S: Nice beautiful dog in your Avatar.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. CactusJay

Aug 18, 2014
    Yes both trailers, I have met only a couple admiral drivers with flats. Most of us have steps. Seems like their best freight is either tall or oversize and it pays really well. Conestoga would be nice but I don't get asked to tarp very often. So you might lose out on a lot of the good paying OD freight that our agents usually find ..
    About the pic, thanks! My little road dog caught in the middle of a yawn. Who do you run with now?

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. Speed_Drums

Dec 26, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not running with any company now. I'm just searching if Admiral has freight for Conestogas but I like what you told about not having to throw many tarps.

CactusJay Thanks this.
  9. CactusJay

Aug 18, 2014
    They definitely do. I just like to pull a lot of oversize and they have no shortage of OD freight. But that Conestoga I'm sure you could do really well with too.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    How is it over there with a 48x102 flat? Sounds like they may be better suited for a drop deck.

11. CactusJay

Aug 18, 2014
    They do have more freight for steps, sometimes a little taller commodities and I'm often asked if I have ramps (I don't) ... However you can do well here with either. I remember Mercer preferred flats, while Admiral prefers a step or RGN. But with any open deck, you wouldn't have any issues finding good freight with them.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.